Newly Released Bikes General

PJO

in me vL comy
I've lamented this for some time!

I once emailed Hunt Wheels about it and they said "because we don't make them". Fucking top industry insight there mate.
Yeah I think they would look awesome, I would like to build up some polished silver rims for my hardtail.

I found some Sun Duroc 35 in polished silver on AliExpress but haven't pulled the trigger because I'm not sure they're genuine and didn't want to wait for 3months to receive them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have 6 chrome rims in the garage. They are pretty wide too, more than 30mm. Anyone keen can hit me up...oh wait, they're 26 inch.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
They replied to my message relatively quickly! No luck for the Aussies just yet though, probably be a fair while off.

This is some of the info they gave with pricing and availability.

At this point in time it will be hard for us to send products across the pond, just due to the tax and logistics situation. We are planning to open sales in the States, Canada, Australia and South America soon but it will take a lot of resources to do it properly.

• RUNI frame kit with custom geometry, custom kinematics , pressfitt 92 BB and a Öhlins shock start at 3500€ / ~$5700 AUD
  • RUNI frame kit with Pinion C1.9 gearbox drivetrain, custom geometry, custom kinematics and a Öhlins shock start at 4200€ / ~$6850 AUD
  • Marca frame kit with custom geometry and a Öhlins shock start from 3500€ / ~$5700 AUD.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They replied to my message relatively quickly! No luck for the Aussies just yet though, probably be a fair while off.

This is some of the info they gave with pricing and availability.

At this point in time it will be hard for us to send products across the pond, just due to the tax and logistics situation. We are planning to open sales in the States, Canada, Australia and South America soon but it will take a lot of resources to do it properly.

• RUNI frame kit with custom geometry, custom kinematics , pressfitt 92 BB and a Öhlins shock start at 3500€ / ~$5700 AUD
  • RUNI frame kit with Pinion C1.9 gearbox drivetrain, custom geometry, custom kinematics and a Öhlins shock start at 4200€ / ~$6850 AUD
  • Marca frame kit with custom geometry and a Öhlins shock start from 3500€ / ~$5700 AUD.
Not cheap, but not that wild given custom geo and Ohlins shock. Would the price drop if they can get the taxes sorted? Looks indestructible too, so with Pinion and belt drive probably not the worst purchase long-term...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not cheap, but not that wild given custom geo and Ohlins shock. Would the price drop if they can get the taxes sorted? Looks indestructible too, so with Pinion and belt drive probably not the worst purchase long-term...
I'd imagine the price would rise 10%...and they see it as a unnecessary hassle.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Probably plus GST and duty on top of that price as well.
Ah yep, forgot the Harvey tax. Normally most of thise EU countries (I think it was EU based, I didn't really check truth be told...) have highish national taxes that are wiped if selling offshore. Hopefully at least break even with the rectal exploration you'd see when it hit customs here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My main supplier of snow gear is in the UK and they refund the vat after the items are sent. Always feels a bit backwards to me, but I love the little ping of $$$ back into my account.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'm confused about Salsa's product range direction.

They used to do the El Mariachi as a staple steel SS rig.. dumped it and replaced it with several variants on the same touring/gravel bike theme.
The Horse thief was cool but disappeared

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw that this morning too, looks nice. For the life of me though I don't get why they have 'adjustable geometry' but the actual adjustment is less than 1 degree. What's the fucking point?
I thought the same. .3° and ~4mm drop in BB.
No doubt some people might be able to feel that but unless ones at the extreme end of the bike being unrideable I can't see it making any difference.

And this obsession with super short chainstay lengths really does hack me off.

For the life of my I don't understand why, when descending and one needs stability, which is contributed to by wheelbase, the rear centre doesn't open up under suspension travel rather than shorten.

Maybe a suspension engineer can enlighten me.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I'm confused about Salsa's product range direction.

They used to do the El Mariachi as a staple steel SS rig.. dumped it and replaced it with several variants on the same touring/gravel bike theme.
The Horse thief was cool but disappeared
Yeah, can't for the life of me understand them not having a steel hard tail given their history.