Newly Released Bikes General

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There were a lot of snapped alloy flex stays from that last run of 575s that’s for sure. The carbon rear ASR5 was a zingy little thing though.
Mine had the alloy chainstay/carbon flex seatstay combo. Worked faultlessly. Was a comfortable descender but terrible climber under my weight.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
It's hard to imagine how such a primitive suspension design could be as good as the dual link designs or even a high single pivot (eg. Orange). It's nothing to with the flex stays really, it's more to do with the pivot location. An Orange is a pretty primitive single pivot, but the pivot forward and above of the BB gives a much better rear axle path.

The speci faux-bar design places huge demands on the shock to fill the gaps left out by the lack of good kinematics. I'm all for saving weight where it makes sense, but I just can't get enthused by a design like this.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That new Mega, I just like this photo:

May it greet Sam with more success.
Can’t unsee the valve location on rear o_O

Edit: Actually scrap that, it’s in the centre of Michelin. The front valve is missing though.

It’s a hot looking bike but I dislike the hand guards and oil slick pedals.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Looks a lot less ugly than the leaked photos a couple of pages back....

Assuming there's literally nowhere in Australia where this bike would make sense but it'd be fun trying to find out.

madstace

Likes Dirt
In my sample size of 3 (575, SB66 and SB66C) none have had any faults over numerous years of riding. Maybe the pilots don’t ride hard enough. Maybe only the bad ones get talked about. Who knows.
Oi! Nah you're probably right. Don't forget the major dent in the rear triangle thanks to Lake Mac council...still, Mila rides strong!