Newly Released Bikes General

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New 29ers Spectral, looks pretty good

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
PB says a bit meh:
I don’t really get “a bit meh” from that; describes it as a chefs knife to the Meta TR’s meat tenderiser... I’d prefer the knife.

The Jeffsy-style small bottle only is a fuckup though and would be enough to send me elsewhere given how many good 150mm bikes there are around now - Ripmo included.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don’t really get “a bit meh” from that; describes it as a chefs knife to the Meta TR’s meat tenderiser... I’d prefer the knife.

The Jeffsy-style small bottle only is a fuckup though and would be enough to send me elsewhere given how many good 150mm bikes there are around now - Ripmo included.
Any bottle is a fuck up.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spectral looks like another one of those 'do it all' bikes for a lot of Aussie terrain, especially in Vic. I've owned a Strive and spent a weekend on a mates old model Spectral, both are very good bang-for-buck bikes, but they both just rode a little bit 'boring'.

I know there's world wide supply issues, but why release a new bike that you can't get until at least mid- Feb 2021?

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
So the shimano brakes on the canyon and ibis both shit the bed

Waiting for the "But they didn't bleed it properly" crowd

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So the shimano brakes on the canyon and ibis both shit the bed

Waiting for the "But they didn't bleed it properly' crowd
Seems to the PB crew's major gripe at the moment, which has me a little worried as my new bike has XTs

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Seems to the PB crew's major gripe at the moment, which has me a little worried as my new bike has XTs
I wouldn't call it a gripe. It's become such a common issue it's nice to see one of the biggest mtb sites calling them out on it.
Unless you adopt @moorey s technique of offering yaw first harvest and the blood of a toad to get the perfect bleed.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Actofive P-TRAIN CNC prototype just passed the epically German EFBE Tri-Test: three modules, fatigue, maximum load and overload with a vertical overload value of 900kg.

(I have literally no idea what any of this means, but it sounds impressive)

In the interim here's a photo of the bike from a slightly different angle:

greendream

Likes Bikes
"Don't borrow sorrow from tomorrow" I've been using the 4 pot XT's for over 12 months now & have had no issue with them at all. I prefer the shimano "feel" and they've managed to pull up my 100kg+ mass consistently. I'm planning on bleeding them in the near future so we will see what result this produces.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actofive P-TRAIN CNC prototype just passed the epically German EFBE Tri-Test: three modules, fatigue, maximum load and overload with a vertical overload value of 900kg.

(I have literally no idea what any of this means, but it sounds impressive)

In the interim here's a photo of the bike from a slightly different angle:

View attachment 369950
Pretty sure after COVID lockdown diet I was approaching an overload of value of 900kg...