Newly Released Bikes General

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
@Scotty T - Looks like probably 2.5kg was frame only, plus shock (the 5010 only had a Fox DPS on them, which are around 300-and-something grams)

Reference to a small Bronson here:

And a large 5010 V2 here:
Just measured mine, 5010 v2 is 2.5kg on the dot without shock.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As i am shallow i watched a vid last night only on UK Steel frame manufacturers at a demo day

Stanton also has a few videos which are interesting from a how and why a bike is designed manufactured a certain way . And how components can affect the ride and handling qualities - also materials .

@hellmansam - yes there are many ...

Thanks Burners !

SDA

Likes Dirt
Well that sucks the fun out of drooling over the 2021 Megas while waiting for them to come back into stock.
^^ @slowmick - you too ?

I have been watching and fiddling with the chain reaction page - but everything is out of stock .
Had alternative bikes - but my phone n internet searching has only bought up - maybe in April - otherwise August for most manufacturers .

All conversations seem to end in tears - from the retailers.

Cant sell if no stock - this is across the board too - a Trek store in Melbourne has 2 bikes on the floor - both fuel 9.7 - which may be my default position ...
One store i spoke with has one bike coming in ...( not a Trek )

Niche stores all seem to have $12 k plus rigs in stock - all high end spec .

Also no spares in stock on mtbdirect and other online sources - even os - so hard to upgrade current bike .

Be ready to act around the dates listed here:

Sign up to CRC email notifications and watch it like a hawk (around those dates)!

I had the opportunity for the 290 Factory about a month ago, and both the Factory and RS earlier this week.

LPG

likes thicc birds
So any guesses what's this Polygon Vander a clone of?

Did they reuse tubesets of an existing frame? Frankenstein a couple?
Different frame but it looks like it could be the same factory as my Bird. The frame parts (cable anchors, suspension pivot mount dropouts and possibly bottom bracket) look to be the same. The arrangement is different though.

rstim

Likes Dirt

I believe it's Calibre Bossnut from reading some YouTube comments. Quick Google found this
But I think also looks very similar to a Specialized Status minus the mixed wheel setup.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

Since all the Polygon frames are made in Indonesia...find the name brand models that are made in Indonesia?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Sign up to CRC email notifications and watch it like a hawk (around those dates)!
Nah you'll be too late. Get onto a Nukeproof owners FB page, you'll get hundreds of eyes on there and they'll post the instant something becomes available. It happened around 9pm (QLD time) for my Ragley.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the idea of it , but reading the marketing guff has made my head hurt .

Burners hung shit on " acoustic , mullett and single origin " But the wankster that wrote that drivel should have his dictionaty of marketing speak taken from them .

'The Ripley AF is our beloved, category-defying,
short-travel, singletrack-scorching Ripley—rendered in
aluminum and with a touch more aggressive geometry.'

'a super planted but still playful, precise but
still nimble front end feel.'

'in order to quell
your concerns while still respecting your wallet,'

Yeah , shop dogs and skinny cut offs are all the rage here .

Looks okay tho - as a bike .