Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I like the idea of it , but reading the marketing guff has made my head hurt .

Burners hung shit on " acoustic , mullett and single origin " But the wankster that wrote that drivel should have his dictionaty of marketing speak taken from them .

'The Ripley AF is our beloved, category-defying,
short-travel, singletrack-scorching Ripley—rendered in
aluminum and with a touch more aggressive geometry.'

'a super planted but still playful, precise but
still nimble front end feel.'

'in order to quell
your concerns while still respecting your wallet,'

Yeah , shop dogs and skinny cut offs are all the rage here .

Looks okay tho - as a bike .
Pity, Ibis usually successfully avoids that bullshit. The technical section of their website (not sure if it's still there) still rates as one of the best of any compilation of metallurgy, suspension designs and engineering I've seen.

EDIT: found part of it: https://archive.ibiscycles.com/support/technical_articles

Last edited:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately for us bike nerds , that will be buried under the fancy marketing .

Needs moar dust motes and sliding down trails , show me a Rad Descent Brah ....

Petero

Likes Dirt
If they bumped the Ripley up in Suspension it would be a Ripmo
If they bumped the rear up 27mm and the front up 30mm, yup. I'm told mm's make a difference..

They do say in the specs that a 140mm fork can be fitted, but I was thinking they might go middle of the road between OG Ripley and RIPMO

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Why anyone would want to buy a bike in Australia through the local distributor blows my mind.

My Smuggler was $1500 cheaper because I chose not to buy it locally
Did you use a freight forwarder? When I have the finances I am considering this as the Aus distro only offers frames and not complete bikes.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
What does it cost to get a bike posted from The States? With @beeb's $4287.17 + GST is there much of a saving?
This is on a Ripley, Shiny pretty much answered it for a Tranny.
I've never even ridden anything with a DW Link but somehow I think I need to.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
What does it cost to get a bike posted from The States? With @beeb's $4287.17 + GST is there much of a saving?
This is on a Ripley, Shiny pretty much answered it for a Tranny.
I've never even ridden anything with a DW Link but somehow I think I need to.
Did this quick and doesn't account for GST / Import fees but a bike from Jenson USA is $28 or $55 shipped according to the checkout cart.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My gripe is more regarding the fact the distro isn't paying full retail. They're buying at a discount and getting shipped in small batches, so the USD to AUD converted price should be easily achievable. Chuck a couple of hundred on top? Okay, fair enough, make some money to cover staff/warranty handling costs - but $1200? Go f___ yourselves...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've never seen Jenson shipping that cheap, impressive if they've changed things on that front.

When I bought my Mezzer and couple of other things from them I was over the threshold and didn't have to pay any extra duties. Whether that's because they covered them or it slipped through the net I can't remember now.

Great company to buy from.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Okay, fair enough, make some money to cover staff/warranty handling costs
Isn't that the difference between wholesale and retail? I guess it's because there is another link in the chain - the shop buys direct from the manufacturer in the US