Newly Released Bikes General

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Surely Jenson would not be allowed to send a Devinci here, the Aus distro (if there is one?) would have kittens

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Surely Jenson would not be allowed to send a Devinci here, the Aus distro (if there is one?) would have kittens
If you change your location on the site it should warn you when it gets added to the basket.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Devinci Kobain hardtail looks decent value if you were to buy it directly at today's exchange rate. Not a fan of the dull sand colour though.

Minlak

custom titis
It didn't stop me adding it - I had my location as Australia before adding it - then added shipping and thats what it said :)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheers, I would need to use freight forwarding (US to AUS) and with duties price gets very close to local price.
The funny thing when I bought too was that there was no GST added to the price or duties to be paid when it arrived.

I just got a delivery slip saying it was at the post office

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The funny thing when I bought too was that there was no GST added to the price or duties to be paid when it arrived.

I just got a delivery slip saying it was at the post office
So if you hadn't 'slipped through the net', how much would you have actually saved compared to buying local? Add 10% GST + 15%(?) dooty to your total surely eats into the $1500 you saved.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What does it cost to get a bike posted from The States? With @beeb's $4287.17 + GST is there much of a saving?
This is on a Ripley, Shiny pretty much answered it for a Tranny.
I've never even ridden anything with a DW Link but somehow I think I need to.
DW link is good...really good.

Just backing @Minlak up on the quote, as I was sure he had done something wrong! I've got a lot of stuff from Jenson and other US retailers over the years and delivery has always been painfully expensive. But those prices!!! Jenson are practically paying the shipping for you!

The flip side...while historically expensive the delivery has always been very fast.

Attachments

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The flip side...while historically expensive the delivery has always been very fast.
Yep, my experience too. I dumped a lot of cash their way when the dollar was at parity.

They have 20% off one full price item from time to time (usually on American holidays like 4th July, thanksgiving etc) which can be good.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep, my experience too. I dumped a lot of cash their way when the dollar was at parity.

They have 20% off one full price item from time to time (usually on American holidays like 4th July, thanksgiving etc) which can be good.

...and unlike many Australian retailers, how good is it to get fast accurate and useful information in response to inquires? American retail generally gives the right number of shits for customer service.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
...and unlike many Australian retailers, how good is it to get fast accurate and useful information in response to inquires? American retail generally gives the right number of shits for customer service.
Yep, I phoned up to check if the Mezzers I was buying were the latest revision and the person went to a shitload of trouble to look into it.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So if you hadn't 'slipped through the net', how much would you have actually saved compared to buying local? Add 10% GST + 15%(?) dooty to your total surely eats into the $1500 you saved.
The $1500 includes the 400 dollars I would've paid for GST.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
So any guesses what's this Polygon Vander a clone of?

Did they reuse tubesets of an existing frame? Frankenstein a couple?
It's not so much a clone as it is exactly the same bikes as the Calibre Bossnut and Calibre Sentry. Polygon manufacture those bikes and have just decided they can sell them in Australia under their own brand. Polygon are becoming a big player and that's cool.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
2021 Ragley's have unofficially launched (supposed to launch later today UK time).

Check them out here - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/s?q=2021+ragley&cat=direct

I notice some price rises compared to last year -

I paid $1,499 for my Big Al, it's now $1,799. Better quality hubs, crankset and bottom bracket for 2021 but that's about it.

The Big Al 2.0 looks like a nice spec but at that price, it might almost be worth looking at the Specialized Fuse Comp for $300 more and get the benefit of LBS support.

Clearly Brexit and constrained supply are having a big affect on their pricing.