Newly Released Bikes General

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
So it is the opposite of down country?

Bikes need to have simpler categories. I propose:
  • lame: anything currently considered associated with xc/CX/road/Lycra/koms/KMs/fat/plus/elevationgains/leg shaving...
  • casual: a day out on the trail with your buddies
  • shit yeah: gravity is more influential on your speed than pedalling.
  • lazy: e

Up country!

The flow-dometer will be off the charts!!!
You may have redeemed yourself with that

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
So it is the opposite of down country?

Bikes need to have simpler categories. I propose:
  • lame: anything currently considered associated with xc/CX/road/Lycra/koms/KMs/fat/plus/elevationgains/leg shaving...
  • casual: a day out on the trail with your buddies
  • shit yeah: gravity is more influential on your speed than pedalling.
  • lazy: e
Need a category called' Ride your bike'. Off they go to overcomplicate simple things.

Reek of evil shiny shoed marketers whispering out a new thing and hence you need another steed for the new thing 'experience' or be damned to the back of the line forever with the uncool kids.

Surely a mixed downcountry + flowduro ride would end up being a flat firetrail?
Important questions need important answers.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
+/-5% gradient maximum, no more than 5 spoon drain per km on ascents (or up to 3 water rut wash-outs per km, no deeper than 120mm). Maximum of 3 spoon drains per descent or we start to cross over into the flowcountry opentrack downjump light trail category. 115-120mm rear travel only.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
+/-5% gradient maximum, no more than 5 spoon drain per km on ascents (or up to 3 water rut wash-outs per km, no deeper than 120mm). Maximum of 3 spoon drains per descent or we start to cross over into the flowcountry opentrack downjump light trail category. 115-120mm rear travel only.
Roll on the micro-category. 'Upper down country' and 'Down upper country'. Nothing is sacred :D:D

Flow-Rider

Burner
Vittoria have had no stock for several months now, yet released this tyre a couple of weeks back and still seem to be supplying Norco with plenty of tyres.
Hanging for 2 x Mazza and 1 x Martello/Agarro.
I haven't bought Vittoia's for a long time, just takes too long to get here and too hard to get what compound I need. I've still got a few tyres that I've stored before covid to go through yet. I tried to buy a mid-quality hard tail frame and even that was tough going a few months ago.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I haven't bought Vittoia's for a long time, just takes too long to get here and too hard to get what compound I need. I've still got a few tyres that I've stored before covid to go through yet. I tried to buy a mid-quality hard tail frame and even that was tough going a few months ago.
Yeah I have enough that I wont be going without but have ran Barzo/Mezcal on my XC bike for quite a few years, it was only when I ran the G2 2.35 Barzos either end on my Spur that I was surprised with the grip and rolling speed.

Looking a Martello or Agarro for the front of the Spur when not doing XC/Endurance races and wanting to put a set of 2.4 Mazzas on the Highlander.

There are a few going around that are Norco take-offs but they keep wanting to sell them on the wheelset complete :rolleyes:

Cardy George

Yeah I have enough that I wont be going without but have ran Barzo/Mezcal on my XC bike for quite a few years, it was only when I ran the G2 2.35 Barzos either end on my Spur that I was surprised with the grip and rolling speed.
Pirelli Hard Terrain. All the rolling speed of a Barzo but better edge grip. Glad I took the punt when BikeInn decided it was too hard to deliver my Barzos

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Pirelli Hard Terrain. All the rolling speed of a Barzo but better edge grip. Glad I took the punt when BikeInn decided it was too hard to deliver my Barzos
The Scorpion Enduro and Trail are interesting tyres, kind of wanting to get the Vittoria test over before jumping to another brand. Been pining for these Mazzas for a while.

They have a lot in each range... H-M-R-S and are very different tyres.

You running XC-H ?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Having ridden these on a gravel bike, they are the tire that has tried to kill me the most! Riding along, Riding along, look lose terrain! let's skim the top, sink in and come to a dead stop.... every single time! These lasted a week, I still have the pair I stabbed holes in them to remind me never to buy/ride them again

Cardy George

Having ridden these on a gravel bike, they are the tire that has tried to kill me the most! Riding along, Riding along, look lose terrain! let's skim the top, sink in and come to a dead stop.... every single time! These lasted a week, I still have the pair I stabbed holes in them to remind me never to buy/ride them again
The explanation is in the first sentence ;)

The Scorpion Enduro and Trail are interesting tyres, kind of wanting to get the Vittoria test over before jumping to another brand. Been pining for these Mazzas for a while.

They have a lot in each range... H-M-R-S and are very different tyres.

You running XC-H ?
r2bike invoice says yes, in the 2.4" Lite variety, on both ends. I'm finding I'll let the front end slide more if I know the rear end is gonna slide in the same place. The Barzo/Mezcal combo is wicked fast, but the different behaviours was too much for my brain to compute.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Need a category called' Ride your bike'. Off they go to overcomplicate simple things.

Reek of evil shiny shoed marketers whispering out a new thing and hence you need another steed for the new thing 'experience' or be damned to the back of the line forever with the uncool kids.

The birth of flow-country!

Cardy George

That statement holds true...you may be able to mount some defence based on the nature of your terrain, but your lack of dirt jumps, north shore, and slope style obstacles condemns you. It's a tough world.
Two out of three anyway. There's plenty of dirt jumps, you just gotta know where to look.