Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That's GOLD. We get that kind of shit nearly everyday...from dudes we know do Gravity Enduro and downhill...It drains the life out of me...
It really pisses me off too. Like I get that bikes get broken, they're so much more capable now than they were even a few years ago that it's very easy to get them into situations certainly way out of the rider's depth. But FFS own it. Don't be "oh I was just JRA and my bike exploded" when it cracked because they cased a jump intolerably badly 17 times cus they can't ride for shit.

/rant

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Buses, not so much - Trucks, every-fuckin'-day.

"I need a new light control module because I've got a headlight out"
"Have you checked the headlight globes?"
"No, it won't be that. My mate had a headlight out the other day and he replaced the LCM and it fixed it."
"Are you sure it's not just a globe?"
"I know what I need, I just told you my friend has the same thing."
"I can sell you an LCM, but they're ~$1000, and can't be returned if they've been fitted."
"Just get it."

2 hours later:

"Hi, I want to return this LCM, it didn't fix my headlight."
"How do you know it didn't fix the problem?"
"I fitted it and the headlight's still out. That's why I want to return it. It was just a headlight globe blown."
"Unfortunately, as we discussed earlier - I cannot take this back."
"Why not?"

(Actual exchange with customer)

I had a similar conversation with a customer over a can of ginger beer recently. After a few sips they wanted a different soft drink and wished to exchange.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
No doubt. But I suspect you dont get too mnay bus owner coming into you and telling you what's wrong with their bus, becasue they "googled" it. And their mate, who has been driving buses since Easter, says that it's a definate warranty....
Whilst this is tru you also don’t have a sponsored bus driver schralpin their rig around the cbd and doing j-turns to show how capable it is.
I think the fact that 50to1 are thrashing the shit out of canondales and santacruz means that comparatively the 40+ yo white male really is just JRA.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I had a similar conversation with a customer over a can of ginger beer recently. After a few sips they wanted a different soft drink and wished to exchange.
Ha. Reminds me of my hospitality days. Working in the lounge area of a hotel serving coffees and lady came to me in a huff that there was a piece of plastic in her cup. From memory it was quite a large piece of plastic. Politely said that all cups are upside down on the top of the coffee machine and if it was in her cup it would have floated up and I would have seen it before adding milk. She gave me a dirty look and left.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Whilst this is tru you also don’t have a sponsored bus driver schralpin their rig around the cbd and doing j-turns to show how capable it is.
I think the fact that 50to1 are thrashing the shit out of canondales and santacruz means that comparatively the 40+ yo white male really is just JRA.
I wont mention the full story we had last year, of a guy who bought a downhill bike...scratched it...literally, a tiny fucking scratch and bleeted like a lamb chop until GT finally couldnt be arsed with him any more and sent him a new frame. Oh, and it was white too!

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
It really pisses me off too. Like I get that bikes get broken, they're so much more capable now than they were even a few years ago that it's very easy to get them into situations certainly way out of the rider's depth. But FFS own it. Don't be "oh I was just JRA and my bike exploded" when it cracked because they cased a jump intolerably badly 17 times cus they can't ride for shit.

/rant
100%...Own it and move along...I have a guy behind you who wants to complain his gumwalls are different colours....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'd wager the irate bus/truck drivers are more intimidating looking than a bicycle enthusiast....
Bus drivers are normally super friendly, but truck drivers are often confused or angry or both. There are some really nice ones though, but sadly they're gradually getting squeezed out as the fleets grow ever-larger. Not many owner-operators left these days (in metro areas).

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Big boys meth’d up.
Do you mean guys stealing bikes then trying to claim warranty so they can sell for more
Bus drivers are normally super friendly, but truck drivers are often confused or angry or both. There are some really nice ones though, but sadly they're gradually getting squeezed out as the fleets grow ever-larger. Not many owner-operators left these days (in metro areas).
Confused because they don't know where they are...?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wont mention the full story we had last year, of a guy who bought a downhill bike...scratched it...literally, a tiny fucking scratch and bleeted like a lamb chop until GT finally couldnt be arsed with him any more and sent him a new frame. Oh, and it was white too!
Someone on here tried a similar thing a few years ago... something about the paint on their beautiful purple trek not being durable enough for mountain biking. It could have been a great rest case for Chops: attorney at law!

Ha. Reminds me of my hospitality days. Working in the lounge area of a hotel serving coffees and lady came to me in a huff that there was a piece of plastic in her cup. From memory it was quite a large piece of plastic. Politely said that all cups are upside down on the top of the coffee machine and if it was in her cup it would have floated up and I would have seen it before adding milk. She gave me a dirty look and left.
It wasn't something like this was it? Its another reason I hate disposable plastic life...first coffee in the morning isn't the time for me to be wrestling these little plastic fuckers! Especially on a powder day.

moorey

call me Mia
It wasn't something like this was it? Its another reason I hate disposable plastic life...first coffee in the morning isn't the time for me to be wrestling these little plastic fuckers! Especially on a powder day.
Just buy instant coffee in huge jars, you environmental vandal.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just buy instant coffee in huge jars, you environmental vandal.
The big glass jars Maxwell house comes in are really useful once you throw out the coffee.

Those little plastic fucks are everywhere in Japan. It helps me drink less "dairy creamer" but a lot of the coffee there is a touch...rough.