Newly Released Bikes General

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It certainly isn't a looker, but it has almost everything one could functionally want from a bike. Even size specific rear centre. "Are you not entertained?"

Not repugnant by any means, but it's clearly function over form.
It continues my train of thought that rather than having a 'big' and 'little' bike (or trail and all-mountain if you prefer) which seemed to be what a lot of people went with for a while, are we reaching the point where you're better off having one frame with adjustability, and spending the $$ on 2 sets of wheels and forks so with 20 mins of fiddling the night before you can set it up for trail riding, or big mountain stuff depending on where you're heading and between them it'll cover 98% of what you norally ride

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It continues my train of thought that rather than having a 'big' and 'little' bike (or trail and all-mountain if you prefer) which seemed to be what a lot of people went with for a while, are we reaching the point where you're better off having one frame with adjustability, and spending the $$ on 2 sets of wheels and forks so with 20 mins of fiddling the night before you can set it up for trail riding, or big mountain stuff depending on where you're heading and between them it'll cover 98% of what you norally ride
I couldn't be arsed rebuilding one bike for where I was riding. I'd just have two bikes, or one bike and compromise or either one or partially both riding conditions and make do.
Personally, I'd rather be a bit over biked than under biked.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I couldn't be arsed rebuilding one bike for where I was riding. I'd just have two bikes, or one bike and compromise or either one or partially both riding conditions and make do.
Personally, I'd rather be a bit over biked than under biked.
Yeah that's fair enough.
I tend to fiddle with the ride-9 on my RM a fair bit, so I'm often wondering whether it's worth just owning and throwing on some lighter wheels/tyres and running it as an overshocked trail bike from time to time

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

slowmick

38-39"
At least the cables go into individual cable sized holes not just an open slot into the head tube. Also looks like it will keep the cables away from the steerer. Looks like a much cheaper way to do internal cables. Much cheaper to move the rear brake hole from one side of the steerer to the other for the left handed parts of the world.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
At least the cables go into individual cable sized holes not just an open slot into the head tube. Also looks like it will keep the cables away from the steerer. Looks like a much cheaper way to do internal cables. Much cheaper to move the rear brake hole from one side of the steerer to the other for the left handed parts of the world.
Cables through the pivot bearing, from the Pinkbike review:

They also pass through the main pivot axle, which minimizes cable stretch as the suspension cycles, but means you'll have to remove the cables before removing the pivot bolt when it comes time to change the bearings

So lots of faffing when bearing time comes.

slowmick

38-39"
Cables through the pivot bearing, from the Pinkbike review:

They also pass through the main pivot axle, which minimizes cable stretch as the suspension cycles, but means you'll have to remove the cables before removing the pivot bolt when it comes time to change the bearings

So lots of faffing when bearing time comes.
you win - that sucks.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
These new Meridas look the goods - solid spec and a decent price
Don’t look half bad either

Apart from the indefensibly stupid cable routing, the more I look at these, the more I like them. Weird for a Merida. Interesting that they're all specced with 30T chainrings..

That alloy one with the Float X, Bomber Z1s and SLX / Deore drivetrain is looking pretty good vfm for $5k (just ignore the Shimano hubs).

madstace

Likes Dirt
Well I can't even see the post on the page anymore so either Ibis HQ came knocking with a cease and desist or it was some rather creative photoshopping/trolling. Either way I was dubious, but surely they'll have an ebike in the pipeline.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
According to the Ibis bike owners page on FB, this is their new ebike, but I can't find a source anywhere....

View attachment 393093
Yep, it is. The DW Linkage used is apparently similar to some of the old Turner DHRs.

I hate it less than I thought I would, at least the designers have tried to make the elephantitis downtube a design feature that flows through to the single piece chainstay rather than just looking like it has bike gout (like most eeebs).

madstace

Likes Dirt
Yep, it is. The DW Linkage used is apparently similar to some of the old Turner DHRs.

I hate it less than I thought I would, at least the designers have tried to make the elephantitis downtube a design feature that flows through to the single piece chainstay rather than just looking like it has bike gout (like most eeebs).
The linkage, as different as it looked, had a sense of Weagle-ness about it. Sauce?