Newly Released Bikes General

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commencal make some good bikes and I like watching this type of footage. But I never forget that pro riders can make any bike look good.
There's nothing like watching the pros hit shit on a hrad-tail that I'd be scared to go over on my 160mm Altitude... :)

I do like a short travel trail bike though (down-country is a stupid term), will be interested to see the geometry and specs on the tempo

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tempo is now up on Commencal website (and a quick Pinkbike write up). Four price points from $4900-$9300. Frame is $2800.

Base model is $1200 more than the Spec Stumpjumper alloy, but does have much, much better brakes and better suspension.
The next model up ($5900) is on par cost wise with the RM Element Alloy 50, although there's more travel on the Tempo.

Good looking bike that I wouldn't mind a test ride on, but the price for direct-to-consumer seems reasonably high, and that head-set routing still makes no sense to me

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Tempo is now up on Commencal website (and a quick Pinkbike write up). Four price points from $4900-$9300. Frame is $2800.

Base model is $1200 more than the Spec Stumpjumper alloy, but does have much, much better brakes and better suspension.
The next model up ($5900) is on par cost wise with the RM Element Alloy 50, although there's more travel on the Tempo.

Good looking bike that I wouldn't mind a test ride on, but the price for direct-to-consumer seems reasonably high, and that head-set routing still makes no sense to me
Bit of an overview from Pinkbike here too:https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-2023-commencal-tempo-a-new-short-travel-trail-bike.html

This and the Reeb SST would have had me tempted if the lotto win eventuated last night.

I’ve come around on headset routing. I’m always trying to get a tidy setup there to avoid interference with lights, so kind of like it. Still prefer external for ease of replacement, but if a bike is already internally routed this isn’t going to make much difference to me (if I’m wanting to work on the headset my brakes are probably due a bleed anyway). Be interesting to see if there’s a functional impact given the tight turns the cables/hoses need to make
I’ve come around on headset routing. I’m always trying to get a tidy setup there to avoid interference with lights, so kind of like it. Still prefer external for ease of replacement, but if a bike is already internally routed this isn’t going to make much difference to me (if I’m wanting to work on the headset my brakes are probably due a bleed anyway). Be interesting to see if there’s a functional impact given the tight turns the cables/hoses need to make