Newly Released Bikes General

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of an overview from Pinkbike here too:https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-2023-commencal-tempo-a-new-short-travel-trail-bike.html

This and the Reeb SST would have had me tempted if the lotto win eventuated last night.

I’ve come around on headset routing. I’m always trying to get a tidy setup there to avoid interference with lights, so kind of like it. Still prefer external for ease of replacement, but if a bike is already internally routed this isn’t going to make much difference to me (if I’m wanting to work on the headset my brakes are probably due a bleed anyway). Be interesting to see if there’s a functional impact given the tight turns the cables/hoses need to make
I’ve come around on headset routing. I’m always trying to get a tidy setup there to avoid interference with lights, so kind of like it. Still prefer external for ease of replacement, but if a bike is already internally routed this isn’t going to make much difference to me (if I’m wanting to work on the headset my brakes are probably due a bleed anyway). Be interesting to see if there’s a functional impact given the tight turns the cables/hoses need to make
I am still surprised by the price.
It took me a while but obviously (without any ride reports) the most logical comparison is the Spectral 125. Both direct to consumer, both aimed more at 'burly short travel trail' rather than 'down country'.

Base Spectral (AL5) comes in $1200 cheaper but only gives you Deore and an RS35.
The AL6 though is still $400 cheaper and gives you SLX over SX and a 36 Rhythm over a Pike (although the Pike could actually be a better option here.
Where it gets silly is that the top spec Carbon 125 is $800 less than the top spec alu Tempo (ASX Eagle on the Canyon, X01 on the Tempo) and still a 36 vs 34.
The reasonably specced CF7 is is only $300 more than the entry level Tempo.

Unless there's some great ride reports it really doesn't look like the value is there on these unfortunately.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Rather like the look of the Commencal, although it's interesting that the lower spec models come with Fox 34s whereas the comparable Spectral 125 comes with Pikes and 36s - only the Ohlins models are 36s - which seems to go against some of the intention of the bike.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Where it gets silly is that the top spec Carbon 125 is $800 less than the top spec alu Tempo (ASX Eagle on the Canyon, X01 on the Tempo) and still a 36 vs 34.
The reasonably specced CF7 is is only $300 more than the entry level Tempo.

Unless there's some great ride reports it really doesn't look like the value is there on these unfortunately.
If the bottom brackets and frames last longer than a month then it's money well spent...don't ask me how I know.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It's just a fancy single pivot. Why would you go for one of these over a Cotic?
Grow a beard. Grow it some more. Now have an IPA. Talk about its flavour overtones. Pretend to detect hints of citrus. Grow more beard. Acquire some kind of impractical hat. Mix and allow to sit for 3-6 weeks. Then you'll be selling your own children for a Sour Bike (its name even sounds like a type of beer).

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Grow a beard. Grow it some more. Now have an IPA. Talk about its flavour overtones. Pretend to detect hints of citrus. Grow more beard. Acquire some kind of impractical hat. Mix and allow to sit for 3-6 weeks. Then you'll be selling your own children for a Sour Bike (its name even sounds like a type of beer).
I know I'm the proportions of a bear but similarly to Asian sun bears, my beards leave a lot to be desired (but also similarly, my tongue more than makes up for it, diggidy diggidy).

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
This sounds close to me, although I can't grow a beard
Also, needs more flannel

cammas

Seamstress
Mmmmm sour beer, one of the best ones out there
1670404547769.jpeg