Newly Released Suspension & Components General

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That too, but I was more meaning where the bit in the middle that shuffles back and forth while ratcheting meets the hub shell. Appears like stainless steel splines (I’m assuming), rubbing back and forth directly onto the aluminium hub shell. I get there’d be grease in there, but still… :oops:
Yep, the ally hub body needs a threaded in sleeve that then the floating ring slides backwards and forwards on for longevity.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure if these have already been discussed, and I know it's just roadiewanker tech at the moment......

This is what I classify as genuine technical advancement, not changing something to drive the marketing bandwagon.

Little bit of piss taking still with the price and requirement to use their rims.

Can’t see how that hub would require a special rim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Little bit of piss taking still with the price and requirement to use their rims.

Can’t see how that hub would require a special rim?

You can lace it up to your rim of choice. I wasn't arguing for the quality or price of the product, just that I think it is a genuine technical innovation.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree - good concept, but article says only compatible with their rims, and can’t buy separately and lace to your own rims.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I agree - good concept, but article says only compatible with their rims, and can’t buy separately and lace to your own rims.

Just read in a pinkbike eurobike article that the upcoming MTB version will be able to be laced to any rim. The current road version has to use their rim.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Hmmmm. If I could be bothered, I would find the other article I saw that said otherwise. This one is clearly more an infomercial. The other one made a point of assuring that you could indeed buy hub only, and lace up to your preferred cheese ring.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
No, but it does lift the veil. If anyone had any lingering doubts about whether the bike industry is now just taking the piss? Here is your proof.
With 26 dead and buried. 27.5 threatening extinction.

Surely no one thought the world was riding 29ers from here on in.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Still in prototype phase, but I've found another spot where I'd be pretty uncomfortable with carbon-fibre construction (one-piece carbon fibre CSU/steerer on a sub-1000g suspension fork):
The suspension gurus from Portugal had a 3D printed fork mock-up at their booth. They are planning to build a super light 120 mm fork that should weigh in at around 960 - 990 g. A full carbon steerer/crown unit as well as one-piece carbon lowers and bridge will help to keep the weight low, as will the empty left leg of the fork. That's right, the air spring and the damping will all go into the right leg of the fork.

It will be possible to remove the 32 mm aluminium stanchions from the crown if needed. The size of the negative and positive air chambers will be adjustable. They are planning to use sliding bushings, which should improve the suspension performance under braking.
ND Tuned 3D printed fork prototype

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Still in prototype phase, but I've found another spot where I'd be pretty uncomfortable with carbon-fibre construction (one-piece carbon fibre CSU/steerer on a sub-1000g suspension fork):

ND Tuned 3D printed fork prototype
Nuno Duarte is a very talented dude.

Carbon composite layup techniques are quite amazing, a hybrid approach ( aka what easy composites defines as “optimised”), using both woven fibre cloth and chopped tow (short pieces of chopped up fibres) outperforms cast aluminium