Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Canyon should concentrate on getting non cracking frames out the door instead of dreaming up stupid shit.

They have treated us very well and I would have no problems recommending them to anyone but the last triangle took just over 3 months to replace.
Scrolling through that Pinkbike article and holy shit:

p5pb23576962.jpg

Such a good looking bike. Such a shame they can't build them properly.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Its not a steering damper, except that it is.

On motos these devices are there to provide stability at speed while this seems to be designed for the opposite.
Does it actually provide a benefit or simply interfere with the riders low speed balance ?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Its not a steering damper, except that it is.

On motos these devices are there to provide stability at speed while this seems to be designed for the opposite.
Does it actually provide a benefit or simply interfere with the riders low speed balance ?
Technically it doesn't do any dampening, it just applies a spring force that tries to keep the steering central and this is increased the bigger the rotational angle.
A true dampener will resist steering input with the same resistance no matter where in rotation it is and does not pull with any force, just resists input. A lot of motorcycles have them to reduce the chance of tankslappers.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Technically it doesn't do any dampening, it just applies a spring force that tries to keep the steering central and this is increased the bigger the rotational angle.
A true dampener will resist steering input with the same resistance no matter where in rotation it is and does not pull with any force, just resists input. A lot of motorcycles have them to reduce the chance of tankslappers.
I assume you're trying to trigger @The Duckmeister , bravo.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Cheap boutique brakes from across the pond!

I really didn’t need to see these. They are well thought out and some good innovation