Newly Released Suspension & Components General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm only a US 11 so most of the common options will be fine. I am a little worried about pedal stick, being used to SPD's
Err... Please don't try and "lift" with flat pedals! :eek:

(You kind-of can with the right technique, but it only holds for a moment...)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, watching clipless people trying to jump or bunny hop on flats for the first time is horrific….and leads to probably 90% of the Friday Fails.
I've been practicing on some terrible standard pedals :)

@beeb has been kind enough to offer some pedals for me to try out. May still see me in Friday fails soon lol.

slowmick

38-39"
I went for my first flat pedal ride on Saturday - new pedals, new shoes. After 20 years on spds it is very weird feeling - the plenty of grip standing up but seated pedalling is slippy. And the Vaults seem huge - even with size 13 shoes there's pedals hanging out unless the ball of my foot is right over the axle.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I went for my first flat pedal ride on Saturday - new pedals, new shoes. After 20 years on spds it is very weird feeling - the plenty of grip standing up but seated pedalling is slippy. And the Vaults seem huge - even with size 13 shoes there's pedals hanging out unless the ball of my foot is right over the axle.
Heels down!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What part of the pedal stroke are you slipping off @slowmick?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm only a US 11 so most of the common options will be fine. I am a little worried about pedal strike, being used to SPD's
I'm only a size 10, but have a bit of a wide foot, so I like a wider platform hear days. I ride (from what the sole on my shoes indicate) with the ball of my foot roughly on the pedal axle, so I like a concave shape. I like a light pedal, so use fantastic plastic.

I like a big strong spike...to reduce the chance of pedal strike, but they tend to make life scary!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ while riding, yeah sure. For a very long time all my shin vs pedal incidents come from kicking the pedal in the garage, while pushing up something, or generally clowning around near the bike. Pedals are the towbar of my cycling world.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not just the shin. I've had a few pins to the calf incidents just pushing my bike around where you're lifting your leg up to take a step at just the right time that pedal hits you in the back of the calf.
Or when standing with feet in front of the pedals and leaning onto the bars?