Newly Released Suspension & Components General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It's all good, the linked article listed prices

Too XC for you? ;)

It's all about the lack of weight
I can't see it being lighter if mud gets caked in there. I'd just put a thin vinyl sticker over the hole to keep crud out.

I am a definitely a bit of a weight weenie too, and don't mind a bit of XC style riding so love the idea of a light and stiff fork. I have no competitive desires though, weigh upwards of 90kg, and do occasionally ride some trails where I appreciate a burlier fork - so it's not quite there for me.

Wouldn't mind betting XC stuff keeps jumping ahead in leaps and bounds over the next couple of years with the increasingly difficult XC courses - it seems many XC riders will basically want trail-bike suspension performance at XC weights.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Credit for this find has to got to @mint355 who messaged me about it.
Essentially it's a 104BCD chainring mount that interfaces with most direct mount standards out today. When positively loaded, it has your standard drive interface, but when negatively loaded the chainring carrier now presses against a set of rubber, what I assume are bump pads (it's all a guess the specifics of how it works atm), to achieve between 6° or 12° of rotation and the chain pull from your crank arm. Here's a video timestamp of it in action.

A simpler and modular solution to what Canyon has been trying to achieve by allowing the hub to disengage etc. Same intent, different brain on the solution of pedal kickback. Would be interesting to see if this, in conjunction with some High Pivot designs could have enough impact to dramatically change jockey wheel position.

Anyway, 300-350Euro will get you one. And no, I've yet to order one for my G13, but I'm thinking about it.
"Bike, body and mind are thankful"... how many takes would it have taken the voice actor not to giggle?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Essentially it's a 104BCD chainring mount that interfaces with most direct mount standards out today. When positively loaded, it has your standard drive interface, but when negatively loaded the chainring carrier now presses against a set of rubber, what I assume are bump pads (it's all a guess the specifics of how it works atm), to achieve between 6° or 12° of rotation and the chain pull from your crank arm. Here's a video timestamp of it in action.

A simpler and modular solution to what Canyon has been trying to achieve by allowing the hub to disengage etc. Same intent, different brain on the solution of pedal kickback. Would be interesting to see if this, in conjunction with some High Pivot designs could have enough impact to dramatically change jockey wheel position.

Anyway, 300-350Euro will get you one. And no, I've yet to order one for my G13, but I'm thinking about it.
Can you dumb it down a bit please? The video didn't help me understand at all. What issue is this addressing?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Can you dumb it down a bit please? The video didn't help me understand at all. What issue is this addressing?
Modern suspension designs use chain tension in the suspension linkage design to create 'anti-squat'. Modern high anti-squat (ie: high amounts of anti-squat) creates an extension force in the suspension when you pedal, resisting wallowing from pedal bob (the ideal balance is with a design that creates as much of an rising/extension force from the linkage as your weight transfer creates in compression of the linkage from each pedal stroke). The flip-side of that is when you ride over bumps while descending with the pedals stationary, that same chain tensioning created by the linkage means the suspension action pulls on the chain and creates pedal kick-back from the chain pulling on the top of the chainring. This gizmo allows a few of degrees of movement between chainring and crank to prevent or reduce pedal kickback.

TL;DR - It makes the pedals stop trying to eject your feet while coasting over bumps.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Modern suspension designs use chain tension in the suspension linkage design to create 'anti-squat'. Modern high anti-squat (ie: high amounts of anti-squat) creates an extension force in the suspension when you pedal, resisting wallowing from pedal bob (the ideal balance is with a design that creates as much of an rising/extension force from the linkage as your weight transfer creates in compression of the linkage from each pedal stroke). The flip-side of that is when you ride over bumps while descending with the pedals stationary, that same chain tensioning created by the linkage means the suspension action pulls on the chain and creates pedal kick-back from the chain pulling on the top of the chainring. This gizmo allows a few of degrees of movement between chainring and crank to prevent or reduce pedal kickback.

TL;DR - It makes the pedals stop trying to eject your feet while coasting over bumps.
Thanks mate. That was perfick. I needed the full version though.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Also, the pedal kickback effect is typically only noticeable if you have a hub with more points of engagement. With 24POE I've never felt it, but with 36POE I have just felt it on bigger landings. It must be annoying if you're running those really high POE hubs eg >72.

_______

Is an alien from 2007
what i really want when braking into a rock garden is to hit the first pebble like it's a retaining wall because #omgbrakejack

ah pedal kickback begone, finally all those mid '90s downhill bikes can make their long awaited comeback! seriously who rides gnar on a trials hub though?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
First images of the EXT Era on their Instagram:

Not a dual crown fork like some have speculated.

instagram person who has ridden it said:
no coil! But... the sensitivity is already better than any coil fork I have tried! You will have to ride it! Don’t judge it by other manufacturers standards!!! There are good reasons To run an air spring at the front....