Newly Released Suspension & Components General

SDA

Likes Dirt
Where have you guys bought a Mezzer from? Germany or direct from Hayes?

I understand there is a version 2 or batch 2 out there which if I did order, that is what I would want to get.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

I understand there is a version 2 or batch 2 out there which if I did order, that is what I would want to get.
I bought direct from Hayes and used an onshipper from the US. The 44 offset 29er seems to be popular, it's out of stock in most places. FYI Dougal at Shockcraft has some demo Mezzer's for sale.

Reactions: SDA

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
what are fox thinking re the colours on this thing? the graphics don’t seem to quite match the kashims coat, root beer?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid

I purchased my pair (180mm 51mm 29er) from Wiggle. As i purchased these late last year I had the updated lowers sent to me by Hayes.

Their customer service I found really good. The beauty of Manitou is the ease of working on it yourself.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I bought my 44mm offset 29" fork from Starbike.

Yet to arrive to see if I have the updated lowers but I'm sure manitou will sort me out of they don't.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Let me know if you are interested in a near new DVO Onyx (29er 44mm offset 160-180 travel, blue lowers) with custom black dials. I know of a set coming up for sale very soon.
Where does one procure custom black dials for DVO forks?

Go

Likes Dirt
$704 at the moment using discount SUMMER2020

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Code still works. Ordered one yesterday. $683 AUD. That's a bargain in my books. Always willing to try what the smaller players are doing. Will report back when I get it and put some rides in.

Disclaimer: I'm in Melbourne any decent trails are beyond 5km. May not get to ride on dirt for a good while cause of Covid lockdown

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

peanut

Likes Dirt

From the thread on MTBR they're up to V3 lowers. I've been looking myself after sending my mattoc away for a warranty claim, still waiting on the result at the moment.
you basically have to drop the lowers to indentify a V1 or V2.
V1 can have bushing issues & uses bottom out bumpers that come loose, they stay on the shaft but can get squished at an angle & rattle? around appartently.
Hayes updated the lowers V2 (these are the lowers sent out if you had those issues) with better bushing tolerance and changed the bottom out bumper, they have a cut/notch out of 1 side so the bumpers are fixed into the lower casting, a bit like a circlip
V3 has the ports on the back of the lowers to allow periodic oil injection, they use a mix of V2 bottom out bumpers & a new version thats a slightly different design that has a nylon washer under them.
supposedly distributors were supposed to change/update stock to the new lowers for retailers, but there are riders on MTBR who have recently received forks with V1 lowers from retailers in europe.

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Code still works. Ordered one yesterday. $683 AUD. That's a bargain in my books. Always willing to try what the smaller players are doing. Will report back when I get it and put some rides in.

Disclaimer: I'm in Melbourne any decent trails are beyond 5km. May not get to ride on dirt for a good while cause of Covid lockdown

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Have you received a tracking number yet?

Daniel Hale

Not sure if this is the appropriate section but it does relate to front forks.
Anyone seen this yet?
A way to get a slacker head angle with an integrated headset
https://intl.9point8.ca/index.php?route=product/product&path=124&product_id=261
Might be useful for Santa Cruz frames.

Here is a real world install:
looks complicated, they seem o have many varied ones depending on head tube, and it appears to work by just using external bearing cups, to lengthen re the slackening, i presume your forks will needs heaps of steerer..reread you needs talents 20mmof steerer frets make it work

PJO

in me vL comy
looks complicated, they seem o have many varied ones depending on head tube, and it appears to work by just using external bearing cups, to lengthen re the slackening, i presume your forks will needs heaps of steerer..reread you needs talents 20mmof steerer frets make it work
Yep def 20mm extra steerer required, but gives people with an integrated headset an option that wasn't available beforehand.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Yep def 20mm extra steerer required, but gives people with an integrated headset an option that wasn't available beforehand.
It’d void any warranty you have with the frame though wouldn’t it? Or will lusty / santacruz know that breaking a chainstay has nothing to do with sanding the headtube?

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
It’d void any warranty you have with the frame though wouldn’t it? Or will lusty / santacruz know that breaking a chainstay has nothing to do with sanding the headtube?
Yeah, I'm not sure about sanding your frame.

I'm willing to bet that 9point8 developed their device on an alloy frame without additional material protruding into the inside of the head tube.

Edit: Also that clicking noise as he is tightening down on the carbon head tube give me the heebeegeebees

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like some sort of avalanche super dampener extension, perhaps a little like their remote overflow they used to put on their big mega dh shocks way back in the day?

Do they still make their own shocks?

Daniel Hale

i thought it was an aero cantilever brake adapter ;) iv ever waiting for a fork to come out with this feature for years