Newly Released Suspension & Components General

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Manitou really need to go dealer direct or just get @Nerf Herder to be the importer ;) the non existent support locally makes it hard to recommend over other options.
Dealer direct is the answer. Supported by great info for home mechanic servicing and an approval process (on line course) for approved service centres. Perhaps ensure simple and effective internals (old style Marzocchi or RS) so you don't need 6 different oils, nitrogen kit, and ion neutralizer.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Dealer direct is the answer. Supported by great info for home mechanic servicing and an approval process (on line course) for approved service centres. Perhaps ensure simple and effective internals (old style Marzocchi or RS) so you don't need 6 different oils, nitrogen kit, and ion neutralizer.
Don't forget the flux capacitor

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The Taiwan HQ is pretty quick to respond, faster than some local places. Wouldn't let that stop you from buying a pair.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Who was it here saying that they didn't like Lyriks?

The RockShox Lyrik RC2 took our Best in Test in 2018 and the latest Ultimate model is still the standard that all other forks are judged by. The FOX 38 and ZEB may be a better choice for heavy-duty bike park thrashers but faced with a gnarly natural alpine trail, the Lyrik Ultimate really is all you will need. With sweet spot performance, simple setup and an amazing price, the Lyrik is still our top recommendation, taking our Best Buy award.
Pfft to them!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I love how they kept on complaining about the DVO's weight but there was no mention of the fact that they hardly ever creak.
That's simply not true. I've had a Diamond and an Onyx and they both creaked (Diamond lasted way longer than the Onyx before making noise) and I have a couple of riding mates that had Diamonds that creaked also. All warranty jobs and dealt with quickly but it does happen.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That's simply not true. I've had a Diamond and an Onyx and they both creaked (Diamond lasted way longer than the Onyx before making noise) and I have a couple of riding mates that had Diamonds that creaked also. All warranty jobs and dealt with quickly but it does happen.
And how many of your mates with Fox 36s that creak? I'd love to know what the percentage of CSUs that creak are for each brand. But without that statistic I just go off what my suspension guys tell me and it sounds like Sola import a lot of CSUs for a reason.

The cause seems to be the combination of the overly thin 36mm stanchions that try and hit a target weight. Lyrics with their slightly thicker 35mm stanchions seem to be less susceptible. Dvo and the other brands they deal with have much lower numbers in circulation but no noticeable pattern of CSU creak.

teK--

Eats Squid
And how many of your mates with Fox 36s that creak? I'd love to know what the percentage of CSUs that creak are for each brand. But without that statistic I just go off what my suspension guys tell me and it sounds like Sola import a lot of CSUs for a reason.

The cause seems to be the combination of the overly thin 36mm stanchions that try and hit a target weight. Lyrics with their slightly thicker 35mm stanchions seem to be less susceptible. Dvo and the other brands they deal with have much lower numbers in circulation but no noticeable pattern of CSU creak.
My experience only:

Creaked:
Fox 34
Pike 35

No creak:
Diamond 35
Fox 36
RS Reba 32

Comes down to luck i think.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

There's a couple of them on Fox 36 and weirdly neither of them have complained about creaking lol (others on DVO, Ohlins, EXT, Rockshox)

There was another bloke I met recently who bought the new 38 and it started creaking within a week so Fox are still at odds with QC it seems.

It's all a lottery unfortunately.