Newly Released Suspension & Components General

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Newly Released Suspension and Components General ;)

Cleats are components, I think.
I seriously have never even noticed the words after suspension lol when I open different tabs going through the forum deciding what I want to look at it only says Newly Released Suspension & C......

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh, had a feeling that was coming. Wonder if it will be simple open/closed compression control, or will they also implement something smarter like Live Valve too..

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

cammas

Seamstress
Specialized looking at releasing their own fork again this time a linkage style, this quote from patent has the pinkbikers frothing in the comments:

Finally, the patent suggests the fork may be particularly suited to e-bikes, so perhaps that's where the fork will end up, if we ever see it: "E-bikes are heavier and faster than typical mountain bikes. They are usually piloted by less skilled and less fit riders, and require a stronger front suspension to handle normal riding conditions... The beneficial caster effect described above with respect to the disclosed wheel suspension assemblies is an important improvement over traditional wheel suspension assemblies and reduces some of the drawbacks of E-bikes."

Heres the link for anyone who wants a read.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/are-specialized-and-dave-weagle-developing-a-linkage-fork.html

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Specialized looking at releasing their own fork again this time a linkage style, this quote from patent has the pinkbikers frothing in the comments:

Finally, the patent suggests the fork may be particularly suited to e-bikes, so perhaps that's where the fork will end up, if we ever see it: "E-bikes are heavier and faster than typical mountain bikes. They are usually piloted by less skilled and less fit riders, and require a stronger front suspension to handle normal riding conditions... The beneficial caster effect described above with respect to the disclosed wheel suspension assemblies is an important improvement over traditional wheel suspension assemblies and reduces some of the drawbacks of E-bikes."

Heres the link for anyone who wants a read.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/are-specialized-and-dave-weagle-developing-a-linkage-fork.html
I am waiting for a telelever lefty.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Beauty is the eye of the beholder.

One way to ruin a bikes looks is to fit a Trust fork.
Definitely not a fan.
True, and the forward rake or offset, whatever you like to call it, does my head in.
Those linkages will never get noisy from fine dust either.....errr............

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Mmmm, beg to differ....many time I have priced one of these up with all orange ano/decals and 36s...

View attachment 379112
That is good too, Not the Fox fork orange that seems to clash with lots of other things and reminds me of emergency services.

I guess it is practical if you slide down a cliff and the helicopter can spot your forks.
Eat that matt black forks.