NEXT carbon cranks

binner

Hath shat hymself
drive side is slipping between crank and axle...as in crank arm has about a 2mm slip on force down on pedal stroke...

binner

Hath shat hymself
yes ..ive torqued and checked all , i think the inner alu cog has come away from the carbon part of crank

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Anything like this? Is the carbon crank arm slipping on the metal insert?

I just tried to get a set warrantied as the pedal insert came loose. Very well known issue but the warranty was declined as they were a few months past their warranty date. Very disappointed.

moorey

call me Mia
yes ..ive torqued and checked all , i think the inner alu cog has come away from the carbon part of crank
I have the same issue with a set of SRAM GXP carbon cranks (S1000 maybe) I bought years ago for a kid build. They feel like you can tighten them. 5km they come a bit loose and get that slop. I think the interface in the crank is slightly stretched.

I have a tube of liquid metal I’ve always planned to try...But I’m just not that attached to the cranks.

binner

Hath shat hymself
I have the same issue with a set of SRAM GXP carbon cranks (S1000 maybe) I bought years ago for a kid build. They feel like you can tighten them. 5km they come a bit loose and get that slop. I think the interface in the crank is slightly stretched.
yeahh, i think i got my 3 yrs out of them...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Although I'm mostly a defender of the carbon faith, there are some things the stuff isn't good for, and cranks are one of them.The bonded-in pedal and spindle interface blocks are subject to too much offset loading to ensure a long-term reliable joint, with precicely the types of failures noted above.
Yes but RF carbon crank failures seem a lot more common then sram carbon crank failures and there are a lot of sram cranks out there.

Same scenario as Giant carbon Anthems.

No data, just gut feeling here.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I had carbon cranks on my carbon anthem for years. They both were awesome and zero trouble... Straight pull spokes on it didn’t break either.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just saw a guy this morning with a busted XX1 crank. Whole end of the arm had delaminated and alloy insert pulled out.

Carbon cranks are risky kids.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk