BB1

Likes Dirt
Sold... someone got a bargain!

Item: Nicolai G15 (Geometron) Large
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Funding new road bike
Price and price conditions: $3500 $2900 $2800 frame and EXT Storia shock
Extra Info:

What?! This much Geometron and boutique shock for under $3k?

It is with regret that I am selling this frame. It has done exactly 555 km according to Strava before being stripped down. It has typical Nicolai build quality and although used, has barely a mark on it. No dings or scrapes.

I build this for the Derby EWS and with the 2020 TransNZ in mind; but plans change and now I’m looking at longer stage races, and also (sorry) more road riding.

Bought brand new from Geometron at the start of 2019, I have all receipts, manuals, spare decals, spare hangar etc. Details of how I built it, and my ride reports are in the PYR thread.

I’m happy to sell it frame only and keep the magical EXT shock, but for the full experience you really should pair the frame with the shock. Shock isn’t for sale separately, it either goes with the frame or not at all.

Given the current exchange rate this is a bargain – I know what it’ll cost to land one of these on shore. I’m lucky enough to have gotten a good exchange rate when I brought it in and I’ll let the lucky new owner benefit from that as well.

I have zero regrets buying this bike – I’m a total convert to the geometry and I wish I could keep it, but n+1 does not apply when you have three kids.

If you have any other questions, just ask. DM me or call/text 0402 two 28 five 12

Pictures:

Sure thing. If you want pics of something specific, let me know.

View attachment 354787
356499356500356501356502356503356504356505356506356507356508356509356510356511356512

Last edited:
Reactions: SDA

BB1

Likes Dirt
I am somewhat amazed this hasn't been snapped up. Can also talk about bits and pieces you'd like left on the frame if you want to look at a semi-built bike.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I am somewhat amazed this hasn't been snapped up. Can also talk about bits and pieces you'd like left on the frame if you want to look at a semi-built bike.
Everyone is poor, didn't you hear the economy is doing great ;)

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I want this so bad.. but the timing is all wrong for me unfortunately as I have a similar frame in the post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: BB1

BB1

Likes Dirt
Forgot to mention... price includes postage. You even get the original Geometron shipping box :)

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I wish I was taller, I'd be all over this like the proverbial fat kid...

Reactions: BB1

BB1

Likes Dirt
Will be stripped down this week. Going to sit on the wall and either sold, or I’ll slowly build it back up. Ping me if you’re interested.

Z

Zaf

Not that I should ask... But does this frame take the 216x63 shock, or part of the G15 series that went to 200x57?

BB1

Likes Dirt
This is the 216x63 frame. It’s a 2018 model. It may be good timing as I’ve just stripped it...

Reactions: Zaf

BB1

Likes Dirt
Bumpity and price drop. Frame has now been stripped down and is ready for a new home. New photos added into original post. All photos are as of today. Couple of fish circling but as yet no money has changed hands. Who wants hand built awesomeness?

Note frame includes Hope Headset, Hope seat clamp, XT BB as in pictures.

Shock is setup for a rider weight of 90kg (all up - including water etc). EXT also comes with a brand new 425 spring as per last picture. Currently running a 450.

I just checked the price of a new one, once you add GST and shipping this is a freaking bargain.

I'll run it on here for another week, I've been avoiding FB but will be circulated to a wider audience soon.

Reactions: Zaf

BB1

Likes Dirt
Bumpity. Price drop. Come and speak to me if you want to deal :)

As much as I would like to keep it, it's time to move it on... getting heat from the better half!

BB1

Likes Dirt
Bump and price drop. This is now rock bottom, would like to use funds for different projects, but if I end up using this as complete overkill for what I have in mind, so be it!

I'm looking to build up a short travel or hardtail to use on family holidays and with the wee ride, so if you have something suitable you could even use it as part payment. Hit me up.

I just checked the Geometron website... cost for frame and fork is 2950 pounds (side note - where the hell is the pound symbol on the keyboard?). Take off 20% for VAT gives 2360 pounds, or $4700... plus shipping!

Last edited: