AM Found

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really love the industrial look of the Nicolai frames. Congrats on the build. It must have been awesome seeing it all come together after all the time and effort you put in. It's a shame it's so dirty though because I can't make out if the tyre logo's are properly lined up with the valves.

What's the next bike going to be?

Reactions: Zaf

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Congratulations. After riding a hardtail with kid in a kid seat at 42kg all up, the weight gets forgotten after a while. 17kg won't be an issue.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Well damn, the total $ is lower than what I was expecting. this is sooooooo much nicer than the what intense/specialized/trek offer for the price! 10k for a sworks hardtail git fucked, gimme that hand made gearboxy goodness any day of the week.

how fuckin stoked are you man, this thing is amazing.
Hey!! I resemble that comment!

But seriously @Zaf that's a sweet looking ride. It's a sweet feeling stepping over a bike you've lusted over for a long long time

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I know he said this was "the one". But it's Zaf we're talking about. And let's face it, we're all bike whores at heart
I give it two years until this bike is relegated and the hunt is on again.

Zaf, what size frame is this for all of us wanting to take your lovely lady for a lap around the block.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Truly don't plan on another bike. I'm a little worried the Honzo will feel too twitchy after this though. Might need to get a Geolution hardtail to match.
You must be one with instability, padawan. Embrace the twitch.

Different styles of riding for different bikes, why buy a hardtail that rides the same as your nicolai? That’d be boring.

Ultra Lord

Heh, my stable goes from 20” to 27.5”, full blown twitchy old school xc ss, bmx, 26 dj, and 27.5 trailbike. The only thing that matches are the profile parts on the bmx, dj’er and xc bike :D

Fyi, brakemountless profile mini front hub is so bloody sexy. Very schmick.

You do you my dude, I just get bored easily riding the same bike. Also why I switch between flats and clips so often, it helps keeps old trails fresh.

Ultra Lord

The Ikon is coming out in a DD casing! That might actually be fantastic for out here. Loved running the Ikon previously, but it would be a little touch and go with durability of the tyre. SUCH a big casing on the 2.35 version of them.
really? that's awesome! I really wanna give one of them a go with the new assguy up front, should be a great combo.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
But when you get this hypothetical bike, in that timeline where you're not beaten by weight, and drag, and running 2.25" wheels on 30mm wide rims, you can show me how it's done properly. ;) My planning was imperfect, but my wheel is still stronger than anything that needs a cassette on it.
You won't believe who else has a boutique alloy 150mm 29er with Syntace w30 rims. ;) Coincidentally they also have a 120 poe non boost cassette hub, so we can test whether wide flanges are more important than even spoke lengths and spoke tension. Crazy I know.

Not going to have the funds to play with another bike around then (especially not after a tax hit like I just got). The plan is for this bike to be my everyday ride for the next five years at least. She's a size Large with a shortened seat tube.
Bwahahaha, "regardless of how it performs, your pride and joy is going to look small next to his pole". People will seriously say this to you. (I know from experience).

On a more serious note. I'm super pleased that its been everything and more that you wanted. I'm super sad for me that she is going to be too small for me to take for a spin. :(

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's a stunning looking bike @Zaf
I'm partial to an alloy raw frame myself, and am appreciative of how increasing weight can actually improve the ride.

Great specification and attention to detail. Enjoy and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your time on it.