AM Found

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Well damn, the total $ is lower than what I was expecting. this is sooooooo much nicer than the what intense/specialized/trek offer for the price! 10k for a sworks hardtail git fucked, gimme that hand made gearboxy goodness any day of the week.

how fuckin stoked are you man, this thing is amazing.

Reactions: Zaf

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
$12.5k for a 17kg bike - that's quite the investment @Zaf! But well done sir - I salute your passion for your utopian ride. It looks like it will probably outlast all of us.

Jpez

Down on the left!
There’s just something about a raw frame covered in dust.
That bike needs some serious hills to point down. Looks amazing.

stirk

Burner
Let the gearbox love posts triple in volume!!

Seriously though its a bloody nice bike and gearboxes really should be the norm but not enough money in it for the big two.

And at 17kg it's only 2.5kg heavier than my bike you'd hardly noticeable that weight penalty.

Switch

huskier headed gent
You went straight for the money shot and we missed the foreplay :(
I have been waiting for your PYR with a photo journey from unboxing through to the dirty images you posted. With all your comments in the lead up the skipping straight to the end has left me unsatisfied. ;)o_O

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Putting the arguments for gearboxes and what not out of the way. I just love that you spent the time and effort researching and doing exactly what you wanted. Massive props for a dream bike build!

Every component thought out and stuffed together in a sexy German package. Seriously, that first ride must have felt great

stirk

Burner
I agree that no mountain bike should be photographed too clean and shiny or it looks like a shed ornament.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@Zaf you are one confusing dude. You seemingly researched the absolute shit out of this bike (see wacky headset choice) but your wheels are all over the shop. From memory, you went 28h sp front, 32h jbend rear. The rear rim is offset when it doesn't need to be and the front isn't. I'm not aware of any Syntace axle kits so your stuck with 15x110. I'm having a grand mal seizure just typing this out.

It's almost as if you wanted to have zero spare part commonality, make spares as expensive as possible and limit your fork choices in the future.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

datnat

Likes Dirt
Nice work Zaf! Worth the wait, no doubt ;) the raw finish is hard to beat.

Is the Vecnum living up to expectation?

A quick hijak - had a quick pedal on the Mojo last Saturday, is a game changer ....away for the week so have to wait a bit longer for ride time...:(

Cheers

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I guess this goes to the root of our differences in philosophy. If I was going to build your bike I would have gone with I9 torch boost ss hubs and the W30 rims. The asymmetric rims would have worked beautifully with the hi/lo hub flanges. I haven't run the maths, but my guess is that you would of had equal spoke lengths and 80% l/r spoke tension. Super comp triple butted spokes or aerolites would have worked a treat and you would have ended up with the same POE, less cost, lighter weight and easier spares and adapter kits.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk