XC Nicolai Saturn 11

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I’m probably going to get some grief from posting a bike that’s not mine, but old mate won’t post it & it’s too good to keep hidden from view.

It’s a XL Nicolai Saturn 11, a Bike Components special order in black & orange/gold. Works well with his Baum Turanti (possessed for five years now) utterly superb machine it is.

Pics:

Specs:

Frame: Nicolai Saturn 11, 105mm, XL (bloody huge)
Fork: DT Swiss F535, 140mm
Shock: DT Swiss R414
Wheelset: DT Swiss XMC1200, 30mm IW
Groupset: SRAM Eagle
Brakes: SRAM Guide ULT
Tyres: Maxxis Rekon 2.6” (f), Maxxis Rekon 2.25 (r)
Cockpit: Tune, OneUp post
Seat: Rapha ProTeam

For a proper trail spec in this size, 12.1kg is awesome for a bike this big.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
6’5”. Kinda normal these days...I’m 6’2” & feel small next to many people I deal with daily...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Aye.

This is the attention to detail he applies to all his builds:

That’s a Speedvagen in his arsenal.

We built a Norco this morning too:

The Norco’s owner. One day:

No-ones asking about the DT Swiss F535 fork?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Superb looking bike, and in XL too for extra appeal.

PYR has been super quiet for ages, put a little competition in and then all these exquisite builds come up. Lovely work.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is like the second one into the country.

Gets awesome reviews!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-dts-new-f535-one-fork.html

Feels great to me, but I don’t fit on the bike so can’t comment in detail. Build quality is amazing.
I'm sure the build quality is amazing but my limited experience with DT suspension is not good.

I'm also not a big fan of the dampener design. Having no compression control for the first 30% of travel is not a good idea. I know people want the most super duper supple fork that compresses if you look at it, but what you trade off is control under hard brakes and turn in. I'll take the control thanks.

Much better to have a sophisticated speed sensitive dampener with seperate lsc/hsc controls and let the air spring manage position sensitivity.

I'll await a ride report though to see if the final product is better than the description.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk