XC Nicolai Saturn 11

BKMad

Likes Dirt
what is $50 gonna add to an already amazing build like this though?
Bike wash and socks maybe. Or some epic valve caps
And who gets the voucher? Him or his mate who owns it? The PYR needs some rules and regulations. Otherwise I'm off to find some epic builds on vitalmtb to post up for a friend....

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The only thing XC about this bike is that skinny arse rear tyre! I mean, its probably capable of a variety of riding, but that front end seems pretty skewed to having a good time!

Its pretty damn nice though!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The only thing XC about this bike is that skinny arse rear tyre! I mean, its probably capable of a variety of riding, but that front end seems pretty skewed to having a good time!

Its pretty damn nice though!
Bigger tyre won’t fit, sadly. But it’s still awesome.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
And who gets the voucher? Him or his mate who owns it? The PYR needs some rules and regulations. Otherwise I'm off to find some epic builds on vitalmtb to post up for a friend....
The short list for Bike of the Month is selected by @The Duckmeister. Just because something is in the PYR section doesn't automatically mean it's in the running.
Post Your Ride is pretty open, but the "Your" part of the title is supposed to be taken quite literally; it's not "Post Your Mate Down The Road's Ride" - we want to see what you, the RB community are riding. I'll read all of the new threads for each month, and at the end of the month I'll post the candidates that I reckon have the somewhat indefinable but loin-stirring It factor in the Bike of the Month poll. It's then up to the RB community voting to determine the month's winner. :)

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had to have a look again. Even got me looking on Nicolai's website at pricing and options. Then I took the Turner for a spin because I felt guilty and I know that it knows that I was flirting with another bike...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So you are allergic to clicking on the PB review?
I read the review, but they've been known to spout nonsense at times: "pedals up hill like a....".

Had to have a look again. Even got me looking on Nicolai's website at pricing and options. Then I took the Turner for a spin because I felt guilty and I know that it knows that I was flirting with another bike...
A heavier, slower bike. It's ok, the Turner knows it's at the top of the tree.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read the review, but they've been known to spout nonsense at times: "pedals up hill like a....".

A heavier, slower bike. It's ok, the Turner knows it's at the top of the tree.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
It rewarded me with a sneaky Kom tonight just to let me know it's at the top of the food chain. I'm still a sucker for anything obscure and sexy though. Website states 2700g for frame/shock. Pretty light for aluminium. Turner is 2100g from memory.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Thanks @Zaf .

It is the remote version (fork) but he's trying it without any gubbins to keep the clutter down.

Reaching for the (trimmed down) shock lever ain't the end of the world. He has long arms!

Reactions: Zaf

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
@hifiandmtb seriously big thanks for sharing.
I started with XC when I first hopped on a MTB, and then in the past four years or so just lost the appeal of it. Seeing this Saturn 11 come to life and then getting a bike like the Sutra and being reminded of that thrill of stomping pedals and feeling the wind whip up a notch has given me a bit of a nostalgic hit of what that type of riding can do.

He has done an absolutely stellar build as well. Any reason he didn't option the remote lockout version of the shock (and/or fork)?
The colour match on that decal kit is just amazing as well, and that it matches his quiver! Your mate has some good taste in rigs!
Zaf- kinda feel the only thing XC about this build is the name... and maybe the rear tyre - measures at 2.3. The only thing I was disappointed with (from Nicolai) was rear tyre clearance at the rocker/stays.

As Steve said, keeping the clutter down and don’t do many races these days so happy to reach down for the easy to flick lever at the rear. Front I’m not sure as yet but didn’t want the big lockout switch on the crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk