Night rides - Sydney area

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm out. The whole household has been taken over by the lurg. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread though for future weeks..

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Night ride

Hi Al,
Will be there!!!
Skin has recovered from last week and lost of skin on weekend on possum track.
track should be ok, even given the rain we have had today.

8pm at the hydro (and not on hydro :) )

scblack

Leucocholic
Thanks for the ride guys, very good riding and company.

Sorry my bike is not whippet enough up hills. (It has nothing to do with me, its the bike, and the lights:behindsofa:).

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
You did well mate ... considering you could prolly add a bit of length to your post height (had to add height as I know how filthy you people are :pound:)

I like that loop better I think ... bit of back tracking, but I reckon the return leg is more fun down that sniggle

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Bit nicer at night IMO ... don't seem to enjoy it as much during the day.

You are welcome to join us if our start times are convenient to you

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
Bit nicer at night IMO ... don't seem to enjoy it as much during the day.

You are welcome to join us if our start times are convenient to you
It does sound fun and when it's legal I'm more than happy to join one day. I've just got into riding MTB again after 4 years spent surfing (moved to Australia from Europe so surfing was a more obvious thing to do) and I have to get into things again. I just bought a new bike and did ride the dam the other day and liked it, I was actually positively surprised. Its not far from where I live either so will probably become my "home" trails anyway.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Soz I missed this week, flat stick at present. Looking at next week ... Red hill for a change? Or same again? I'm easy and haven't ridden my AM rig for a bit.

Might try try for a bit earlier if it suits. All depends on traffic ... 7.30ish

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
Talking about Red Hill. I recently tried to get up there through the Academy of Sports but was stopped by a ranger/housekeeper or whatever you want to call it. He was polite but said it's not allowed to use this way. How do you guys get up there now? I often see cars with MTBs parked nearby, are yo still using the way through the Academy or is there another way to get up there from this direction?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I enter the long way in from Lady Penrthyn (sp).

They are the care takers ... you need to power up sooner and faster to get past their drive ;0

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Aiming for 6pm Wednesday 05th if any interest. I can push it out to 7pm if easier with traffic.

I want to see how much the FT descent has changed.

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Night ride

Hi Al
FT? Are you referring to Manly Dam?
If so bring a bucket and spade, lots of sand in the corners :)

They have destroyed the track, until the next big rain. They have also taken the edges off the rocks, do technically it's lame on the down hill and up all the way to Allambie

Still fortunate to have a track so close, but really do miss the fun, can't wait till we have a really heavy downfall of rain.

See you tomorrow if MD is where you are steering