Night rides - Sydney area

BM Epic

Eats Squid
haha good old brownies i like to think of brownies alot like taxes a avoidable part of life those things are everywhere i live in blacktown and i still get them gimmi the tiger snake anyday. There was a incident out my way dunno if u heard of it or not of two kids catching them and one got bit and died so people have really been super careful around them. if u do get a snake in ur backyard remeber wat to do call the rspca or wires and they will be more than happy to get rid of it for you dont approach a snake unless you have experience and remeber Understand Identify Avoid and Survive

i love how the thread changed from riding to snakes
By the way im up for any ride at night just choose the spot and ill turn up image doing the hike a bike at winmallee at night that would be fun
I would have to put a disclaimer on the hike a bike,against accidental death!
But that grose head ride that we did,we just built a bridge,bank,berm and jump,plus it's an extra 300 metres!
We will get this happening real soon! I am waiting on nerf herder to see when we can organise it through him,there is a lot of us up here waiting for this ride!
The hike a bike ride i will probably put up in a couple of weeks!
Im going to need JP and bushpilot to help organise it,we are organising shuttle to make the ride doable!

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
I would have to put a disclaimer on the hike a bike,against accidental death!
But that grose head ride that we did,we just built a bridge,bank,berm and jump,plus it's an extra 300 metres!
We will get this happening real soon! I am waiting on nerf herder to see when we can organise it through him,there is a lot of us up here waiting for this ride!
The hike a bike ride i will probably put up in a couple of weeks!
Im going to need JP and bushpilot to help organise it,we are organising shuttle to make the ride doable!
Man that sounds sick cant wait to come back and ride it again

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Man I'm away a couple days and the night ride thread becomes a snake catchers annonymous thread. :p

Todd / JP / Moggio / Lleyton
Re night jaunt up the mountains ... This Friday/Saturday is prolly pushing my luck (but let me know if you have it available as a tentative, just incase the warden is feeling generours ... I doubt it).
Otherwise the weekend after (May 9/10). I'd prefer a Friday where possible (otherwise it wipes out my Sunday ride :p)

I'm happy to follow you guys re track choice ... say up to 2.5 hours ... depending on gear I need to lend out (ie, if I need to lend some gear to a couple mates then that will cut down my reserve burn time).

Lets use this thread to organise ... and then when we have firm dates for us at least, then we can throw open a new (specific) thread for the actual ride.

Care to share....what is the issue ????
crofty was just letting me know re night culls of the feral deer at RNP ... so worth checking with the office prior to making any plans for night missions thru RNP.

b_S ... I've sent you a PM as well ... however, I'm gonna leave the bay run / homebush for a bit later (ie, when I get really desperate for a pedal) ... would prefer saddle time on dirt at this stage ... but, I'll PM a few days in advance if I get the hunkering ... FYI, there may be a few of us innerwest boys keen for a stealth mission. ... maybe even a night 4x with some beverages :p

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
First Sydney night ride

Ride Date: 30Apr08.
Time: 8.30pm (ready to ride) - sorry can't make it earlier.
Meeting Spot: Lindfield / behind the tennis courts (TBA actual street details)
Weather Forecast:

TBA ... supposed to be dry by crisp

Who's coming so far: Nerf Herder,

Maybes:
bipyjamas, eggyolkeo, mongoosedh (only if he stops getting bloody banned), ja_har

Extras:
i) We can do Linfield in under an hour at a very leisurely pace ... ends with a horrid roadie hill back to car park ... we we do it faster then expected and we can try for two blatts.

PACE: freaky night tunnel speed

Drivers: Nerf (Innerwest),

Subscribe to keep in touch with any changes / details

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah I'm in. I've had a HID set for close to 2 years and have hardly used it, so hopefully the battery pack will still be sort of ok.

I've sold my car though so might need a lift.

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
I'm in, love the freaky tunnel vision :)

Free from 5:30pm over in North Sydney if anyone wants to do anything before Nerf comes over.

I too shall need a lift or can catch train to Lindfield. Can't do very much in the way of off-road till Nerf arrives with the spare lights though...

EDIT: or I can go home, have dinner and get picked up on Nerf's way :p

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Andrew, Anh ... I'll let you know re lifts ... I may only have room for one.

Anh I reckon ... go home first ? have dinner ... then I'll get you on the way ?? but up to you ?

I've got another local boy (James) to pickup ... but maybe I can ask him to drive ... will let you all know shortly.

Al

lincolnsydney

Likes Dirt
Thanks!

How technical is this trail? I'm still very new to MTBing, coming from the road... I've ridden at night in Melbourne before, but nothing in Sydney.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Thanks!

How technical is this trail? I'm still very new to MTBing, coming from the road... I've ridden at night in Melbourne before, but nothing in Sydney.
uhmmmm, I'm hopeless at descriptions ... best to come and see ... everything is walk-able if things get hairy ... the techy bits are fairly short with the worst ending in steps ... the longest bit being a technical ascent up a series of 1 (1 and a bit) foot ledges into rock strewn, pick your wheel placement type stuff ... all low speed stuff. prolly expect to be walking it for couple times round.

There is more single track then rock garden ... so I reckon its beginner friendly

lincolnsydney

Likes Dirt
Awesome, sounds great. I might freak out at times and you can tell me what to do! hehe.

I'll see how I'm placed for Thursday, else other nights would work too.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn I'd be joining you for this one, but I still can't ride :(

Lindfield is like 5min drive from my place !

taibo

Eats Squid
not too late for one more?
will those cheap led bike lights do for this ride?
i can also provide a lift to ppl...ive got a dual cab ute with 4 empty seats =)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
taibo ... yep come along if your able ... I wouldn't use the roadie LEDs ... they are more for "being seen" as opposed to "being able to see". Sorry, all my spares are now taken.

Let me know if your in.

Mark,
Do you have an XC rig ?? or would you be using the Banshee ? would be fun off the steps.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Blue Mountains Mission

To the mountain men. (Todd, JP, Moggio)

Next full moon is on the 20th May ... wanna do a stealth mission sometime that week ... can do any day (mid week) with some planning. Knowing my luck it will be raining or cloudy.

See attached Word Doc with the '08 moon phases.

Attachments

taibo

Eats Squid
taibo ... yep come along if your able ... I wouldn't use the roadie LEDs ... they are more for "being seen" as opposed to "being able to see". Sorry, all my spares are now taken.

Let me know if your in.

Mark,
Do you have an XC rig ?? or would you be using the Banshee ? would be fun off the steps.
im in!...ill guess ill just have to ride behind one of you guys. Would a glory 8 be too much for this place?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
im in!...ill guess ill just have to ride behind one of you guys. Would a glory 8 be too much for this place?
may want to bring some kinda light ... better something then nothing.

The Glory should be fine ... until you hit the roadie hill at the end ... assume it has 2 rings up front ??