Niner horror show air 9 rdo

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I had the infamous cracking jet 9 RDO that I bought in the US. When I made a warranty claim, there wasn't any problem even though the frame also had substantial impact damage in another area of the frame. They also sent the frame with a new shock attached and new headset ( quite a few manufacturers don't include shocks with frame warranties)

On the niner forums at mtbr I haven't bumped into any other frames they make cracking

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
How they expect to keep customers or get return customers is beyond me. If they want brand loyalty they could show the tiniest bit of customer loyalty at least to the extent they have to under the law.
THis, to me, smells like a company that is losing money, has shifted to a cheaper production base and is now caught between trying to increase profits, trying to recoup the costs of the shift and suffering from the responding reductions in quality.

Call me cynical , but a first post which is a complaint and reproduced over at Mtbr is a very one sided affair.
Not sure why that would make you cynical; this is social media being leveraged by some one who understands it. The way the post was written doesn't communicate the way I'd expect some one who doesn't understand how to treat a bike and doesn't want to be responsible for the outcome. It's well written (enough), not aggressive and reasonable in approach. I'd also hope that JOSHY7 has contacted the NINER folk to inform them of the threads he's posted, the reaction they've received and thereby given them the opportunity to respond.

Last edited:

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agree it seems one sided, but OP has gone to great lengths to get the bike he really wanted, and has been left thoroughly disappointed by the whole experience. OP has followed proper process, has been to the distro (and the NZ one), and has contacted the manufacturer. That's what would normally be advised when someone starts one of these threads (they happen a lot, usually because of poor customer RELATIONS, not necessarily service)
It is one sided, but

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone got any gossip on why Rowney aren't the distro. anymore?

Summit cycles appear to be importing them themselves, direct from Niner USA.

JOSHY7

Likes Bikes
Hi Guys

A little update - Niner US emailed last night, obviously they read forums or at least care enough to get in contact so good on them I do appreciate it as the person at niner in the us I had previously been in contact with had stopped responding.

The new bloke seemed to be toeing the company line which is fair enough but didn't seem to believe Niner Nz had told me no refund was possible. I have sent him the email I had from new Zeeland so hopefully he can prod the new Zeeland guys into getting me my money back ASAP.

I've also got the Visa card money reversal thing in action with my bank so if Niner doesn't deliver the bank seamed pretty confident it wouldn't be a problem.

On a side note I picked up my cannonade fsi2 tonight and will be hitting the trails with it in the morning, I had better put a review up as it seams I don't post enough here.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Hi Guys

A little update - Niner US emailed last night, obviously they read forums or at least care enough to get in contact so good on them I do appreciate it as the person at niner in the us I had previously been in contact with had stopped responding.

The new bloke seemed to be toeing the company line which is fair enough but didn't seem to believe Niner Nz had told me no refund was possible. I have sent him the email I had from new Zeeland so hopefully he can prod the new Zeeland guys into getting me my money back ASAP.

I've also got the Visa card money reversal thing in action with my bank so if Niner doesn't deliver the bank seamed pretty confident it wouldn't be a problem.

On a side note I picked up my cannonade fsi2 tonight and will be hitting the trails with it in the morning, I had better put a review up as it seams I don't post enough here.
Sounds positive, all the best for a good result :thumb:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Hi Guys

So, how was the new rig?

JOSHY7

Likes Bikes
Just a note saying case closed, Finally!!

After more emails back and forth to niner US (who I think were playing good cop vs New Zeeland Niner Bad cop)
I finally got my refund.

Funny thing was despite all the hassles Niner New Zeeland still couldn't help but continue to claim they were correct not to refund.
As i said to Niner US, why not say sorry and refund? just offering a slither of good customer service after all the dramas.

Any way below is the last email I got from Niner New Zeeland before I received the refund - 5 days later.

"Hi Josh

Yes we were just discussing this. While the damage claim has not yet been given final approval by the carrier, we will process the refund and send you a credit note. The price of the frame will go back onto the credit card used for payment.

Please understand that we were not trying to be difficult, nor is NZ law different from worldwide with respect to shipment is at the risk of the buyer. We will of course assist as much as we can to facilitate the claim process. We will be upgrading the visibility of the Terms and Conditions of Sale on our website to make this a lot clearer to our customers.

Kind regards,"

Makes you think twice about buying anything online from Niner hey.

Also note their are no terms and conditions on their website or on the invoice for the bike.
So i guess by upgrading the visibility of their terms and conditions they mean "create some terms and conditions"

And i guess by "create some terms and conditions" they mean no refunds for products damaged in transit?

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder who's going to take the Aussie distributor? Someone listed on the Niner site, but doesn't look like a company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk