Nissans 40kg 400hp engine for Le mans

driftking

Wheel size expert
Id like a 80kg 800hp one, get onto it Nissan. I promise ill put it in a skyline, or is that more insulting to replace the RB30? not sure.
Either way give me one.

Jesus. I'd like one of them on a motorbike..
Now that's one for the project room, moto gp 2.0.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Id like a 80kg 800hp one, get onto it Nissan. I promise ill put it in a skyline, or is that more insulting to replace the RB30? not sure.
Either way give me one.

Now that's one for the project room, moto gp 2.0.
Hell yeah, it'd be a great project bike.

Though I don't think Nissan would be letting people buy that engine, so we'd have to replicate it somehow..

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This motor in a Mini* would be insane!

*By Mini I mean a real Mini, 1960's style not that BMW built heap of $hit!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Hell yeah, it'd be a great project bike.

Though I don't think Nissan would be letting people buy that engine, so we'd have to replicate it somehow..
No I cant imagine Nissan would make this a production engine, makes the future of commercial cars seem promising though as technology improves, maybe one day we can dream.

Skydome

No I cant imagine Nissan would make this a production engine, makes the future of commercial cars seem promising though as technology improves, maybe one day we can dream.
For sure, looking forward to see what'll come out though.

Yeah, Nissan won't release it as a production engine, which is why you'd have to get someone with money to try and replicate the results and than sell the engine for 5-10k or whatever for project car/motorbike enthusiasts..

floody

Wheel size expert
People have been making this kind of power out of ZX-12Rs, Hayabusas etc for a long time. Small engine with lots of boost. Head design looks interesting, very tall, optimal port design I guess.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I couldn't imagine the longevity would be too great either.
But I can retain hope for one day.

Actually I'd love to see one strapped to a go kart. :D

Last edited:

Skydome

People have been making this kind of power out of ZX-12Rs, Hayabusas etc for a long time. Small engine with lots of boost. Head design looks interesting, very tall, optimal port design I guess.
Yeah with a lot of modifications and $$$$$.

floody

Wheel size expert
And building a motor from scratch is cheap? Point is its nothing out of the realms of 'doability'.

Skydome

And building a motor from scratch is cheap? Point is its nothing out of the realms of 'doability'.
Of course it isn't Nissan putted millions into this engine, however what I'm more getting at is it would be cheaper to buy a bike this engine than it would be to grab a busa and pour money into the engine until you get 400-500hp.

Ghost riders turbo busa was 500hp and it scares me to think how much money he put into that engine..

floody

Wheel size expert
No, it wouldn't. The build cost for a 400hp 1.5l bike engine would be tens of thousands, not hundreds of thousands.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah with a lot of modifications and $$$$$.
Actually not true, there is a bog stock factory supercharged 1500cc version Kawasaki use in a jet ski, like this 3 cylinder motor from Nissan it has no gearbox, unlike the Nissan that is a full on race spec tune, turbo charged designed to last only 1 LeMans race the 300hp Kawasaki is designed as an OEM engine for abuse in a jet ski, I'm sure with a big turbo on it and a race tune it would be capable of similar kind of power to weight figures as the Nissan.
It's not exactly ground breaking as the marketing hype would like us to believe.