No 26" Giant Anthems/Trances for 2013?

Bodin

GMBC
I was just wondering if you and Bodin like the 26" again because its different to what you normally ride.
Boredom is one aspect of why I wanted to go back to 26". But the primary reason was that I was becoming a much worse technical rider - I just couldn't jump or corner like I used to. I spent a couple of days on a Demo 8 at Whistler last August during my trip to Seattle, so I know I can hit big stuff with reasonable confidence and shred corners with good speed, but not on bigger wheels.

I've had some spectacular fun on the new bike over the weekend (rode it both days), so no regrets whatsoever.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was just wondering if you and Bodin like the 26" again because its different to what you normally ride. I dont have a giant or 29"er but went from my 5" dually to my hardtail after a long break and loved it. It was like riding a new bike. The lines I took on the dually were even more fun on the hardtail.

I wouldn't like to be on the hardtail for everything and prefer my dually as weapon of choice, but for a bit of fun and being different, I ride the HT.

Thoughts???
I haven't completely jumped off the 29 bandwagon as I still ride a 29" hardtail, and very much enjoy it. I can hop and corner no less poorly. Riding a HT is fun! :)

On the dually front I found the 29" to be "too much bike" and not as nimble as I prefer. I believe that is the longer wheelbase of the 29 dually compared to the 29HT and the 26 full sus. The 26" dually turned better, accelerated faster, and gave me a better technical XC experience. That is just personal riding preference, and I can't back it up with any scientific data.