No name and shame, prob a good thing i suppose

stoo

Likes Dirt
A mate helped me service the fork, we pulled the lowers off and there was a thimble full of oil at best. Must have been the small amount they put in at the factory.
Which fork? older Revs and Fox 32s had over 100ml in the lowers for damping I think, new RS only have 3-5mm in the lowers, just a splash.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
There is a shop in the inner north suburbs that is pretty well known around as being a bit shit. They sell top spec bikes and talk a lot of shit about how good they are but have been known to leave loose bolts, new chains with too many links and a whole lot more.
It's almost like you know...

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Which fork? older Revs and Fox 32s had over 100ml in the lowers for damping I think, new RS only have 3-5mm in the lowers, just a splash.
2014 Marz 55CR. the tiny bit of oil in the lowers wasn't enough to do anything useful. We ended up putting 50ml(??) maybe a touch more in each leg. Factory spec was about 20ml per leg if I recall correctly. Working way better now.

stoo

Likes Dirt
2014 Marz 55CR. the tiny bit of oil in the lowers wasn't enough to do anything useful. We ended up putting 50ml(??) maybe a touch more in each leg. Factory spec was about 20ml per leg if I recall correctly. Working way better now.
I see, I have two pair of those. Unlike Fox and RS I could never find service instructions / oil quantities for them. I never needed to do my own servicing though as they frequently went back for warranty work.

ForkinGreat

I see, I have two pair of those. Unlike Fox and RS I could never find service instructions / oil quantities for them. I never needed to do my own servicing though as they frequently went back for warranty work.
Yeah, I must have a good one. hasn't had a super hard life though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, I must have a good one. hasn't had a super hard life though.
I've got a pair of them as well. I love them! Feel great, work great, and look great. Let me know if you're over them...

I've had a history of burning local shops. I don't take too kindly to poor service! I do, on the whole, get pretty good service from most of the shops around here though. I think the market is pretty small and quite dense, so they can't afford too many pissed off customers.

The few good operators I know of get my money when the job is too big for me.

Flow-Rider

Burner
https://www.marzocchi.com/support/forks/2014/2014-55-cr.aspx?idC=62354&idM=19269-1525-1525&idMy=15639&idP=18832-672&idS=15810 or http://marzocchiworkshop.blogspot.com.au/p/oil-quantitys-and-levels_858.html

The problem with Marzocchi is that the OEM forks mix and match other technologies beyond the general year model of the fork and you have to be careful getting the right service specs. Once you spend the time and effort to set them up they are a beautiful fork.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've got a pair of them as well. I love them! Feel great, work great, and look great. Let me know if you're over them...

I've had a history of burning local shops. I don't take too kindly to poor service! I do, on the whole, get pretty good service from most of the shops around here though. I think the market is pretty small and quite dense, so they can't afford too many pissed off customers.

The few good operators I know of get my money when the job is too big for me.
I've got some 2015 55 CR that are still pretty sticky in the initial stages of travel. Would an air spring service likely sort that out? I've given them a lower service that rectified the low oil issue in both legs that I found, but didn't do the air spring at the time....

Sorry back on topic... I've used a couple of lbss local to me for wheels and a quick headset install and had great service. I mostly service 90% of my gear at home and slowly build the tool collection on each job I do.

Your pretty hard pressed not to find the info or a video on anything you need to do on your bike off the net.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I've got some 2015 55 CR that are still pretty sticky in the initial stages of travel. Would an air spring service likely sort that out? I've given them a lower service that rectified the low oil issue in both legs that I found, but didn't do the air spring at the time....
Easy and fast way is to put 2-5ml of oil in the air chamber, keeps the lower seals nice and slippery. The 350 CR's and NCR's all come with a small amount of oil in the air chamber.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry I couldn't answer. Mine have only ever been awesome.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Sorry back on topic... I've used a couple of lbss local to me for wheels and a quick headset install and had great service. I mostly service 90% of my gear at home and slowly build the tool collection on each job I do.

Your pretty hard pressed not to find the info or a video on anything you need to do on your bike off the net.
Sorry I couldn't answer. Mine have only ever been awesome.
Hold it, If I remember correctly there was a batch of those with the bushes too tight. The coating on the stanchions prematurely wears.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If that was the case would you feel it all the way through the travel?
Not always, I've fitted a few bushes and if they are just that little bit too tight that's the feeling you can get. You can check by pulling down the forks without the seals fitted and add oil then see if the stanchions fall down smoothly by their own weight. I'm assuming you have checked all the basics first.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like you are in Melbourne so try Astroboy Racer in Collingwood. Years of experience and will take the time to walk you through the work if you like.
+1 for Paul. I used to do all my own servicing but I just don't have time these days and Paul is so well priced it's not worth me doing it myself. He also cleans the bike as part of the service and my bikes have never been this clean.
No bullshit, doesn't try to sell you stuff and is passionate about what he does.

moorey

call me Mia
Another fan of Astro. I haven't used him, but plenty of friends have. Just don't mention chemtrails.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Am I being picky or does it shit you too when your LBS tells you they can service something then when you get it back they slug you for postage to send it back to the manufacturer for service????? It F$%KING pisses me off. Like most of you I pretty much service everything myself but for those few things I can't or don't want to, in this case a KS lev dropper, I get the shop where I bought it from to service it, well at least that's what I thought!!!!!! They fitted it and said they would service it then boom, an extra $30 for postage to and from. At the VERY LEAST they could call me and say hey, we can't do this and it's gonna cost you $X. In that case I would probably have a crack myself but at least they'd have let me know.

Am I wrong here?

ForkinGreat

Am I being picky or does it shit you too when your LBS tells you they can service something then when you get it back they slug you for postage to send it back to the manufacturer for service????? It F$%KING pisses me off. Like most of you I pretty much service everything myself but for those few things I can't or don't want to, in this case a KS lev dropper, I get the shop where I bought it from to service it, well at least that's what I thought!!!!!! They fitted it and said they would service it then boom, an extra $30 for postage to and from. At the VERY LEAST they could call me and say hey, we can't do this and it's gonna cost you $X. In that case I would probably have a crack myself but at least they'd have let me know.

Am I wrong here?
No, they are chunts and the appropriate course of action would be to kick them all in the genitalia and set them on fire.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Yeah I hear ya. Communication is not that hard. It simply comes down to a bit of respect and courtesy, doesn't it?
Unfortunately in my recent negative experience I felt that the staff were simply a bit too far up themselves to truly do a good job. Unless you're one of the 'bro's' there then you don't get much consideration as a customer. Shame, as they have some good products and no doubt a good knowledge base there.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk