No tubes podium wheels

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I have no experience with these wheels, but at 1230 grams with 1.5mm spokes and alloy nipples I think they would be good for light smooth riders.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They're a redracer level wheel. So unless you're his size, and ride as smooth and consistent as him, consider carefully.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I think the recommended weight limit on them is 75kg. +1 considered them as post of a bike build but reports suggested some hassles getting tubeless tyres going. In the end she got some crests or ztrs.

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I think the recommended weight limit on them is 75kg. +1 considered them as post of a bike build but reports suggested some hassles getting tubeless tyres going. In the end she got some crests or ztrs.
77kg is the weight limit, 33psi is the pressure limit. I have used them for 24hr races, marathon races, xc races and now doing mad downhills in Switzerland on them with no problem. Seems like they can handle more hardcore riding then I can, I currently have several stitches to force a rest day. At $25 per stitch it is cheaper to replace a podium rim!

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At $25 per stitch it is cheaper to replace a podium rim!
This is a very good point. So many people debate wether rims will hold up but most rims cost around 1/2 the cost of an XTR cassette or similar price to an XT. Not mant people would see a rim as a consumable item but why not?

If you are light enough to use them, then go for it.