Norco Atomics

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys. I just changed the name of this thred and whats in this first post rather than making a whole new thred. Just wondering what you guys think of the 2003 Norco Atomic as a DH bike for a 45 kgs kid. Would it make a good bike?? I would most likly upgrade to a Blackspire Guide, and Some Armour Hydros front and rear. Just that my freinds is selling one and it seeems like a good deal and I know it's in very very good condition. Here,s the spec...........

Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3 5" travel
Monocoque 6061 4 bar link, VPS variable 4.5-5.25" adjustable suspension.
FOX Vanilla R shock.
Tires: Kenda Kinetic 26 x 2.35
Spokes: DT Stainless 2.0mm black
Rims: Sun Singletrack 26/26" 32 hole.
Hayes 8" Mechanical disk brakes.
Shimano Deore 9 speed running gear

Thanks guys

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think they RRP for $2700 and it's showroom condition nevery used. New perfect, he was thinking about $2300

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
really?? Not rude to me but why not i mean if i knew it was perfect and i could get one at a shop for $2700 i would much rtaher buy his for $2300. But yeah tell me what you guys recon so he can go for a good price cause neither he or I have any idea. Not ruce at all. He's not even positive he wants to sell just says he doesnt like the feel of it like his hardtail and he mean the feel like in he strett never taken off road and only in front of a house no scratches still has reflectore and stuff

S.

ex offender
Well what I'd do is advertise it for $2200-2300, but accept any offers over $1900. Remember that while RRP may be $2700, virtually nobody will pay that, and a lot of people will be able to get it for well under $2500.

S.

ex offender
Yeah... but that's just my opinion. If you can find someone willing to pay $2300, go for it!

Rik

logged out
Exactly, it's entirely possible that you'd be able to buy it at a shop, with shop and manufacturers free servicing and warranty, for similar price.

Jordy

RYD4LF
sutek on here sold one a while back....i think it was around 2500 but it was upgraded with brand new jr-t's and was in perfect condition... (it was a test bike in bicycling australia)

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
K i just changed the thred so all replys up to here arent being stupit they were replying to my question aboiut huw much it would be worth.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TJ - we were selling these guys out brand new for $2100 at work. I'd offer him $1700. It'll give you some room for upgrades etc.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet. What do you recon bout them Sx like are they a good bike for a kid like me to dh on?

S.

ex offender
Tim manski said:
have you looked at the new atomik. 3000 and you get JrTs and 6 inches on the back.
$3k is only 50% more than $2k, when you look at it...

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah $2000 is little to mch $3000 is way to much. It sold anyway so i am back to the drawing bord.

Jordy

RYD4LF
mate... either way i recon your gunna brake those kinda bikes your looking at once you get a pace up... i recon just keep saving...theres nothing worse then buying a 2nd hand bike and having a brake due to crappier components and having to pay extra anyway

dylma

Likes Dirt
atomik sounds good for a bike like that, u should have a look at the 03 stinky (lighter) and the specialzed bighit grom

S.

ex offender
2_fast_4_u said:
mate... either way i recon your gunna brake those kinda bikes your looking at once you get a pace up... i recon just keep saving...theres nothing worse then buying a 2nd hand bike and having a brake due to crappier components and having to pay extra anyway
A 40kg kid isn't going to break an Atomik. I had one of those, I weighed double, and it held up to plenty of abuse.