Norco frame small parts

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've lost the frame plug out of my Optic and would like another one, but as usual retailers in Australia are less than helpful.
I've looked for an alternative blanking rubber bung plug thing but it's an odd shape and I can't see anything online that will fit without a serious amount of bodging. I have contacted two local Norco dealers and Norco themselves without much luck.
Any suggestions? Melbourne would be ideal. Here's a picture of the bung thing, below the 8841 sticker

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Looks like there is a grommit in the slotted hole? Might be better taking that out and measuring the size of the hole then looking for a suitable blind grommit?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
That's what I thought he was referring to...
However, it doesn't have a grommit. A ziptie is threaded through and cinched around the internal cables to stop them rattling

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's what I thought he was referring to...
However, it doesn't have a grommit. A ziptie is threaded through and cinched around the internal cables to stop them rattling
Fucking legend! I hadn't thought of that and the cable rattle gave me the shits, predictably there was no cable tie on it from the shop build which explains is absence now. It's somewhere at Lake Mountain on the Cascades Trail, if anyone finds it let me know.....

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And for those playing at home - What was the solution and where from?
Rather than email or phone them as would have been convenient I had to turn up in person and hassle them. They had found the part number but hadn't bothered to get back to me. This was YV Cycles who I've found less than helpful in the past.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Rather than email or phone them as would have been convenient I had to turn up in person and hassle them. They had found the part number but hadn't bothered to get back to me. This was YV Cycles who I've found less than helpful in the past.
Yep me too, glad you got what you needed though!