norco shore 3 and six 3

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
hey !
just wondering if any1 owns or has riden a norco shore 3 or six 3 for downhill?
there fairly cheap and can still ride abit of fr with it aswell but just wanted to see what u guys thought?
cheers mb

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I have an '08 Six Three. It suits the kind of riding I do pretty well ('light downhill' I guess you could call it - stuff like Track 13 at the Youies and Classic and Downhill tracks at Apollo Bay). What did you want to know specifically?

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
arh thanks, just wonderig how well they pedal and do they handle alrite...around burms and that kinda stuff? oh and r the forks ok for dh?
thanks again...mb

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yeah, they pedal and handle pretty well. It's my first duallie, and I haven't ridden anything really good to compare it to, though.

I'm looking to upgrade to a single chainring, and you'd probably want to do the same. My most frequent problem with the bike is the chain slipping off, even when it's on the larger chainring.

Oh, and budget for new forks, because the 55Rs are really not very good. At all.

samjam

Likes Dirt
i have a 08 six 2...i, like a couple of posts before this one am quite happy with it.i am on the "older " side and really enjoy this bike.i dont try to smash speed records , just go as hard as i can and this bike lets me...i love it (better colour than purple would have been better tho lol).the only thing i changed after a few rides was the kenda tires to ardents,wide bars and a shorter stem.i am on the looki out for a new fork tho.i find the 55's to be very average.maybe i dont know how to get the most out of them but i will swap over to fox van 36 or o totem.i also have been thinking of a coil shock.for no other reason than i am on the "large" side and just prefer the feel of coil but im in no hurry.while the syncros 25 rims look good and are nice and smooth im swapping over to a set of 33mm rims to just see what sort of feel they have.
i think the six's look good,feel great and are very versitile.the only problem is it is quite lite out back and at speed i find i getting the back jumping around...all in all a great bike.....good luck

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
If you're talking about the 09 shore or Six, they'll be fine for DH. I was watching guys rip up in Whistler on them. They handle everything.
The older versions when there were s'pose to be a All Mountian bike.i.e the 07's are crap for DH.
+1 for the chain coming off. I had to do a chainless run at Stromlo when my chain came off and broke. That was fun.......Not!:mad: