AM Norco sight 7.1

haltz

Likes Dirt
After deciding to take a break from DH i decided to show my very neglected trail bike some priority, this is where im at with it. I just threw on some Pikes, a renthal carbon fatbar, a narrow wide, kept the saint brakes off my DH bike and chucked them on, changed her over to tubeless and tried out some crank brothers candy 2 pedals, other than that its just about stock besides the x fusion SL seat post. Next thing i might change the hubs out but for now its perfect for me. It loves a good day in the tech stuff up in the watagans or if im up for it, its all good for an xc spin. It comes in at 13.1 with pedals for those interested in bike weights. I'd jumped off a turner 5 spot onto this and have to admit I didnt like it it at first but now ive changed a few things around im lovin it.IMG_4767.jpg
IMG_4768.jpg
IMG_4769.jpg
IMG_4771.jpg

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Lookin great I never really liked all red bikes but this burnt red colour is nice.

And a very respectable weight too! I always wondering why my bike is so f'ing heavy lol (13.9kg).

haltz

Likes Dirt
What didn't you like about it?
I still don't know! Not sure if it was a mix of getting used to 27.5 or expecting 27.5 to make more of a difference with just needing to ride it more, I barely used it for the first 6 months that I owned it with dh and moto takin up most of the weekends I never gave it much of a chance

Minlak

custom titis
What didn't you like about it?
I still don't know! Not sure if it was a mix of getting used to 27.5 or expecting 27.5 to make more of a difference with just needing to ride it more, I barely used it for the first 6 months that I owned it with dh and moto takin up most of the weekends I never gave it much of a chance
I have been seriously looking at Norco Sight 7.1 I can have for $3k (new) I took it for a test ride to mainly check pedal bob as it would be used for more XC than AM duties (I just really like the Norco Sights). It was only around the car park and down the road to a paddock the first ride I felt mt toes brush the concrete several times and the pedals felt very low. Went back to the shop and got a shock pump and actually put some air in the shocks. Pedal bob on lockout seemed good but still the pedals felt low to the ground and many times I felt my shoes brush the ground as contours changed. There are many things I like about the Norco but a little scared to buy one now. I see you like it now but you have changed a few things from stock. I usually ride a 29" with only 100mm travel the Norco felt smaller (both in large frame).

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, let me know if you and the pikes don't see eye to eye lol
Looking sweet mate.