Norco Sight A7.1

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Ordered Easton ARC30/hope pro4/DT PG spokes from CRC this morning...now to see how the 2.3 HR2 goes on the 30 ID rim
You'll love it. I've got the same bike with a supra 35 rim (30 ID) and HH2 on the Front and Minion SS on the rear and it has turned it into a completely different animal!

Quiet_ Chaos

Cannon Fodder
killer bike - that colour.. dont you just love it. i get a real kick walking into my garage and seeing mine just waiting for me to ride it.

for anyone on the fence about about grabbing a sight. JUST DO IT!! i agree with everyone else, best bike i have ever owned.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
wheels have been mint the handful of rides ive done with them...

have since fitted the XT brakes and tested them on a few short rides...huge upgrade over the standard deores...

have been limited to how much riding ive been doing due to building a house and finally receiving the keys just over a week ago...

thankfully part of the build was a nice 6mx8.5m garage should should give me a nice work area given time to tidy/arrange things...

feeling a shock upgrade in the not too distant future...not entirely happy with the monarch rc (its not absolute rubbish, but its not amazing either)...

alot of conflicting information around the internet with norco suggesting piggyback shocks will hit the frame...while others are suggesting they are fine so long as you arent running a bottle cage and the frame isnt a small...

anyone have opinions/suggestions they wish to weigh into the discussions? current replacement options are the obvious upgrade to a monarch plus or the prefered option dvo topaz...

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
feeling a shock upgrade in the not too distant future...not entirely happy with the monarch rc (its not absolute rubbish, but its not amazing either)...

alot of conflicting information around the internet with norco suggesting piggyback shocks will hit the frame...while others are suggesting they are fine so long as you arent running a bottle cage and the frame isnt a small...

anyone have opinions/suggestions they wish to weigh into the discussions? current replacement options are the obvious upgrade to a monarch plus or the prefered option dvo topaz...
I've got a shock with a piggy back in my sight a7.1. It's a monarch plus. I'm happy with how it goes although you'll have to remove the cable guide down the bottom of the downtube or it will hit (can get an idea of how close it gets to the frame at full compression.

Also can confirm a vivid air doesn't fit

Delazy

Got a new bike!
13942590_10155074246893222_1773811965_n.jpg

thoughts? not my bike...also a small frame...mine is medium

ocd in me would re sticker in appropriate orientation

Last edited:

Delazy

Got a new bike!
so i gave into temptation and curiosity...ordered a coil il from NSD yesterday...hopefully its here before the weekend!

stickso

Likes Dirt
I have a DB Inline CS in my XL Sight - love it. Took a bit of tweaking initially but it's been fantastic for general trail riding and Thredbo.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
must have been the new kid that sorted that hose route!

pretty clear in the first photo... runs down the seat tube and then along the top tube...

very little in the way of excess hose when dropped and definitely no rub on the linkage/tyre/shock

must have been the new kid that sorted that hose route!

pretty clear in the first photo... runs down the seat tube and then along the top tube...

very little in the way of excess hose when dropped and definitely no rub on the linkage/tyre/shock
Yep, I took it back to the shop, and he said that's how they come pre assembled by Norco (BS). The fix by them was the 2 zippy ties which I said, well I'm not farking coming back here again, and i'll let the club members know. I don't think he really cared.

Hey... How did the coily perform ?