Norco Sight A7.1

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Hey... How did the coily perform ?
ill report back on this tomorrow...didnt get a chance to ride it today...slight tweak to the back sleeping awkwardly lol

might need to drop the spring rate back to 500lb also...not quite satisfied...but will give it a few rides before cashing out more money

Delazy

Got a new bike!
14732186_10155327194663222_3802253265663707435_n.jpg

couple of day just spent at derby!

spent the late afternoon thursday riding trails around devilwolf...

unfortunately friday was intented to be blue tiers/big chook/atlas, but the weather gods thought otherwise...

settled for blue tiers descent before calling it and heading home to hobart when the weather continued to get worse...

bike was absolutely faultless other than the XT brakes being typical...hating the rain/mud...the coil inline is amazing! bike is now proper quick!

Delazy

Got a new bike!
15748035_10155590057318222_940699857_o.jpg

15785431_10155590057353222_774200119_o.jpg

been awhile since i posted anything on here...have had these on for a month or so now...not nearly asmany rides as id have liked but busy with work and house related stuff...

not sure why i bothered with the XT8000 stuff to begin with :/

looking forward to EWS @ derby...no intention to race but will hit up a few of the trails once again and look forward to seeing the pros carve it up

Last edited:

Salce77

Squid
IMG_5233.PNG
Test rode a 2017 A7.1 yesterday as well as a Trek Remedy 9. A friend and I rode both bikes on the same
trail and both agreed the Sight was insane. So playful and easy to handle. The Trek felt big and cumbersome in comparison and was really, very hard to pedal. I took the demo Sight back and put down a deposit on it. Can't wait for it to be in my shed.

That is one pimped sight now... nice

I have replaced my brakes with the old style Xt's and it's great, but those Hopes look schmick..

Going to replace the wheels soon with hopes and arc's. Was going to go 27mm but now think I'll go 30mm looking at yours. I also get a HR 2 for the front and swap the front Aggressor to the rear. My Aggressors have done 2100km now and the rear is just starting to loose a little grip.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
That is one pimped sight now... nice

I have replaced my brakes with the old style Xt's and it's great, but those Hopes look schmick..

Going to replace the wheels soon with hopes and arc's. Was going to go 27mm but now think I'll go 30mm looking at yours. I also get a HR 2 for the front and swap the front Aggressor to the rear. My Aggressors have done 2100km now and the rear is just starting to loose a little grip.
i dont ride it nearly as often as i should...but after getting numerous tastes of derby nothing local in south tas comes close...meehan/north south dont quite scratch the itch and hence it doesnt get ridden, instead it sits around having money spent on it lol

ive been stoked with the easton/hope combo...they have taken a couple blows and won without the slightest bit of damage...

at some point over winter i might well get tempted to upsize rims again...the ARC35 and 40 with some of the new maxxis plus minus rub is awfully tempting

Delazy

Got a new bike!
After another solid workout at derby my fork is approaching a service...thinking I need to bring it up to par with the dbcoil il I've been running for abit now...anyone running any upgraded pikes? Currently considering fast cartridge or possibly just settle for the Vorsprung Luftkappe...open to suggestions :)

rstim

Likes Dirt
After another solid workout at derby my fork is approaching a service...thinking I need to bring it up to par with the dbcoil il I've been running for abit now...anyone running any upgraded pikes? Currently considering fast cartridge or possibly just settle for the Vorsprung Luftkappe...open to suggestions :)
If you want it to match the dbcoil you'll need the new CC Helm then

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Soo an update...few things on the go...

Looks like my fork is being pulled down in the not too distant future to ship the charger damper off to Dougal @ shockcraft in New Zealand for some love...seems like a very switched on dude who has been modifying/retuning then to work 100% better...

most likely going to grab a DVC from SD-components to install at the same time i rebuild them...which should see all my dislikes of the pike sorted...

Grabbed a pair of Easton ARC35 rims ultra cheap last night also...so will push the poor norco frame and see how much rubber I can squeeze into the rear triangle...should see me for a decent upcoming summer with Maydena due to open early next year

teK--

Eats Squid
How'd you go with the shockcraft mod? I considered that option for my Pike but couldn't deal with waiting for the turnaround time.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
How'd you go with the shockcraft mod? I considered that option for my Pike but couldn't deal with waiting for the turnaround time.
turn around time turned me off it...i tried to fish around for a cartridge from a damaged fork or similar for abit first without much luck...

figured id try the AWK first and see if it fixes my issue of generally feeling like shit and diving...wont get a chance to actually ride it for a week or so due to work...