AM Norco Sight A7.1

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I demo'ed one of these a couple of months ago, and had to have one! I've had a couple of rides at the Youies so far, and it's a whole lot of fun.

* It's had a couple of upgrades (in bold), see most recent post for pics

FRAME Sight 650B aluminum 140 mm travel
FORK Rockshox Pike RCT3 150mm RL Boost
REAR SHOCK Rockshox Monarch RT with Debonair
SEAT POST PNW Bachelor post 170mm with Loam Lever
SEAT POST CLAMP Shiny Blue Nukeproof that almost but not quite matches the brakes
SADDLE SDG Fly Mtn with steel rails
HEADSET FSA #57 E ( tapered internal ) 1.5" to 1-1/8"
STEM Race Face Aeffect 35
HANDLEBAR Race Face Aeffect 35mm, 760mm, 20mm rise
GRIPS Ergon GD1 (orange but a darker orange that doesn't match any of the other orange bits) and I swear these are the only model grip I'm ever going to use again
BRAKES Hope Tech 3 E4
ROTORS BBB 200F/180R
FRONT HUB Sram MTH 716
FRONT HUB SKEWER Rockshox Maxle Stealth 15mm axle
REAR HUB Sram MTH 746 w XD driver
REAR HUB SKEWER Novatec 12mm w/allen key head, Maxle thread
RIMS WTB STP I 29 TCS rim front/Spank 359 Vibrocore 30.5mm rear
TIRES Front: WTB Vigilante 2.5 Light/High Grip Rear: WTB Trail Boss 2.4 Tough/Fast
TUBELESS SEALANT: Peaty's
SHIFTER REAR SRAM GX Eagle 12 speed
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX Eagle 12 speed
CASSETTE SRAM GX Eagle 12 speed 10-52
CHAIN SRAM GX Eagle 12 speed
CRANKSET Race Face Aeffect Cinch crank 32T single
BOTTOM BRACKET Comes with crank
PEDALS Nukeproof Horizon Sam Hill

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Nice! I too like the colour, especially the matching grips, I may just copy that on my bike :)

Delazy

Got a new bike!
14657424_10155334953598222_7216313947728243167_n.jpg

best bikes! love mine...even if i have spent a fortune on it since buying it!...they definitely look alot tidier with the stealth reverb

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
You raving about yours was one of the things that made me look at getting one for myself, actually.

scblack

Leucocholic
Nice work Spike.

I hired one of these last year at Cairns for the MTB park, and was impressed.

Salce77

Squid
Took a Sight A7.1 and Trek Remedy 9 out for a ride yesterday. A mate and I rode each bike on the same trail for a better comparison. I rode the Trek first and as soon as I jumped in the Sight and pedalled 50 meters down the track I new I had to have it. The thing is so much fun to ride, so playful and easy to pedal. The Remedy felt like a bus compared to the sight. Deposit is now down on the Sight and can't wait to have it in my shed

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Good decision! You won't regret it. I took it out to Forrest today and was riding stuff I never would have attempted otherwise.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Nice one! I'll look out for the orange beast at the youies. Loved mine, don't regret selling it but gotta say it blew my socks off every ride for 12 months how good it was!!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Six weeks in, and I am loving this bike a whole lot. There's nothing I throw it at that it can't handle easily. I replaced the Minion DHR on the back with a Minion SS, which has helped with the pedalling/climbing side of things, without sacrificing grip. I can see myself having a lot of fun on this bike for a long time to come.

10/10 would buy again.

Anglesea2.jpg

Ideate

10/10 would buy again.
I've been looking at frames lately, mainly because I'm bored. I've short listed a few with the carbon Patrol at the top but these keep coming up as people's favourites. What's so good about it in your opinion?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'm not really knowledgeable enough to talk about the technical aspects and stuff. It's just a whole lot of fun to ride. It climbs decently, feels pretty quick through the corners, and goes over the rough stuff really well.

Ideate

I'm not really knowledgeable enough to talk about the technical aspects and stuff. It's just a whole lot of fun to ride. It climbs decently, feels pretty quick through the corners, and goes over the rough stuff really well.
Cool. I don't care about the technical mumbo jumbo. I just wanted to know why you liked it so much. I love my Spitty because it's easy to manual, jumps like the Darkside and climbs reasonably well.. but it'd climb a lot better if it was made out of carbon which is why I've been looking around. I want something fun but lighter :whistle: