Norco Sight/ Giant Trance vs Norco Range/ Giant Reign

teK--

Eats Squid
Good luck with the injury recovery; somehow I am not surprised you tried to tone down your riding and have been lured back into riding the gnarly fun stuff. Oh well we all gotta call it quits one day but it seems you aren't quite there yet ;)

I feel like the new 2015 Giant Reign isn't as good as their older 2013 models, the bike geometry feels like it puts you in too much of a attack positing over the center of the bike even when riding on flat trails which isn't my type of riding style. The bike feels quite heavy and very pedally even when its not climbing, does not keep momentum going for a long time even though it's a 27.5 wheel size. The 2015 Focus sam is very good bike on climb compared to the Reign due to it's geometry, i rode one with 2.4DH tyres and it climbs like effortlessly even with those big fat tyres and the bike also feels lot lighter than the reign and both are aluminum. I wouldnt recommend this years Giant Reign to be honest.

I got a friend that rides a 2015 Norco Range, according to him the bike climbs quite well and it descends well and its quite a playful bike which means you can throw around on it on the trail alot more.

Last edited:

s14

Squid
So I took the bike on its first ride at kentlyn.

I did the rock xc trail. You definitely feel the added weight and suspension through the trail. My anthem is defiantely faster.

I then took the reign through the surrounding trails and it was so much more fun and playful then the anthem.

It ate up the chunky rocky downhills and the jumps were so much more fun to jump.