Norco VPS-1 Old school Sold

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Item: Norco VPS-1 Very Old. Very Green.
Item Condition: Its had a pretty tough life. Frame not bad, fork (RST sigma) pretty good. Rear shock seems OK, drivetrain thrashed. All still ridable however. I'll get some better pics in the next few days.
Reason for selling: Too many bikes. Was thinking about restoring it but don't really have the time or cash.
Price and price conditions:Few hundred? Really don't know what to ask for this, if there is some retro value for a part then make an offer, otherwise if I get desperate I could probably just be paid in beer, just want it to go to a good home really.
Extra Info:If you are a young kid saving pennies and looking for your first DH bike then I don't really want to sell this to you, wouldn't be fair. More a restoration project than a first bike.
Pictures: Got a couple. More to follow, will get a parts list up too

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Bump.

Should mention its got custom linkage plates to increase the travel from lots to hucktastic.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate, I've restored a few oldies in my time ('98 raceline extreme, '97 mongoose DH, '02 norco shore) and I would be very keen on this for a fix-me-up job. are you keen or in need on any parts for a trade? or just a couple hundread? cheers

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Hmm. Not sure. What parts have you got?

Otherwise I think a couple of hundred would get you a bike.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bump.

Should mention its got custom linkage plates to increase the travel from lots to hucktastic.
Probably worth mentioning those linkages not only upped the travel, but also made the head angle and BB height heaps better.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
hey mate, I've restored a few oldies in my time ('98 raceline extreme, '97 mongoose DH, '02 norco shore) and I would be very keen on this for a fix-me-up job. are you keen or in need on any parts for a trade? or just a couple hundread? cheers
Sent you a PM a little while ago mate, would appreciate if you can give me an answer as I have a couple of other offers on this.

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
i may have asked u this when i sent you an offer ages ago. But where is the bike located? im not sure what shire sydney is?

dcrofty

Eats Squid
i may have asked u this when i sent you an offer ages ago. But where is the bike located? im not sure what shire sydney is?
Sorry mate,

I'm in Sutherland Shire, which is a council area in southern Sydney.

Did you get my pm back?