Norfin baby! (longboarding joy)

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok so i don't know how many other longboarders are online here but those that are will feel my exhilaration! I can't afford a car, so skating beats public transport for me to get to and from work and uni. After a de-lam on my (now deceased) Rayne Hustler i've splurged on a new Norfin - a relatively recent Australian made brand pumping out top-quality hand-made skate decks. I picked it up from Hopkin in St. Leonards with some pink 77a Retro Big-Zigs and borderline jizzed myself on the run home.

It won't get me down Ourimbah or the Cannonball Run (or will it... :rolleyes: ), but this still puts a big ol' smile on my face.

(ps i would apologise for photos as they were off my phone, but these actually aren't bad!)

Attachments

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Nice man! That looks awesome! Scuz the ignorance but why are the trucks mounted above the deck?

It's such an awesome alternative transport, especially around city/uni etc or even when it's just not practical to ride the bike. I have a Cosmic Series complete by Sector 9...very light, very flexy - calls for some awesome descents around home. Haven't ridden it in a while because I endured a rather wet skate home from uni and all the bearings are a but crunchy.

Photo taken as I skate of my friend on her Pipeline.

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sweet man! yeh its a drop-thru truck, basically adds stiffness and stability at higher speeds. Usually on stiffer decks that are more for carving than pumping. Just had a spill out on my street thanks to wearing thongs instead of proper shoes haha!

hayden olsen

Likes Bikes
niceeee, i used to have a loaded dervish with the drop through trucks, that was a beast of a board but was abit to big for commuting so i sold it, and now im back into skating and i cant pick what my next board should be, im thinking about a loaded ceviche but thats a bit pricey for what it is, so if anyone can help me out, it'll just be for commuting to work and around the city and be able to fit in a school bag ( very long school bag ).