North coast NSW trail areas

clockworked

Like an orange
Heya
Whats there for riding north of Coffs and south of the Goldie?

I'm talking byron, ballina, yamba etc.

There seems to be a strong roadie community here, but is there any mountain biking to be had?

I'm looking at moving to the area and mountain biking is make or break for the deal. PM me if you don't want your local invaded by dentists and pharmacists and other weekend warriors

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
North of Coffs is a loop at Grafton, it's good a couple of times a year. I know of a farm type area near Byron Bay that is a gravity fed thingo, I think it's private property and you pay to use it. Aside from that, the only things I know of are trails inland once you cross the border into QLD.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What is your preferred discipline? Gravity stuff or XC / loop type riding?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
In terms of XC type trails there is Jack's Ridge Nambucca, Cows With Guns Coffs (Dozer's personal favorite :behindsofa:), Grafton at Bom Bom. Not too many other 'trail parks' that I am aware of anyway.

I have ridden the above places a few times each and, whilst fun occasionally, would not be expansive enough to keep you entertained if they were your only local trails IMO.

Some back country type national park riding a bit further west and I'm sure a few less well known trails around also.

clockworked

Like an orange
yeah i've done cows, bom bom and coramba. I'm definitely more interested in gravity stuff.

I don't really need to live on the coast, I need around 30k people for me and the better half to find work, I love QLD but i'm not fussed on the heat.

Toowoomba and coffs harbour sound like ideal places for me, maybe just chuck it all in and move to hobart! there's some good riding there!

pliskin

Likes Dirt
was speaking to a guy in a bike shop in Lismore around September (cant remember which one).
told me of a few trails in the surrounding area. not sure if they are private trails or not.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I heard that there is a new MTB club in Kyogle, and are building some trails in Boorabee State Forest at present. Might be early days though.

Lismore Trails

Bumping this thread. I'm in the area every now and then and I've always wondered if there are any trails local within an hour of Lismore? Any updates in this area?