Northwave Winter Shoes

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any Burner's rocking NW winter MTB shoes?

Need a new winter pair and they actually aren't imported into Oz

Just want to see if anyone has any options on sizing before I drop some serious coin

cheers!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Any Burner's rocking NW winter MTB shoes?

Need a new winter pair and they actually aren't imported into Oz

Just want to see if anyone has any options on sizing before I drop some serious coin

cheers!
Sidi also do a goretex high top as well. I like them a lot.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love it how they have shipping embargoes on products you can't actually buy in Australia

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Another pet topic of mine. friends and I bought them on line from CRC.
Went to lbs = no we dont need them in 'straya !!
How good are .........Northwave Celsius 2 GTX winter shoes are awesome warm, well made , waterproof.
Been wearing them 5 months of the year for 5 years at least.
Just buy a size bigger than usual shoes and wear extra socks cos the standard ones dont have much extra insulation but are warm because they dont let the heat out of the top or water in .
If you have a low volume foot put a thicker footbed in.
Friends with wide feet bought the Shimano version which are good.
Sidi are for narrow feet.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought a pair of Extreme RR goretex last year (for road) and overall they were really good, kept me warm and dry (in a Tassie winter). Fit well and were comfortable. Things I didn't like, they were super hard to get on and off (they did break in a bit though)...and... they stunk, liek really really stank. Not sure if it was something I road through, my toxic sweat or the cat peed on them...or they jsut stank. Washed them, scrubbed them, deoderised them a bunch. Nothing worked, couldn't keep them in the house. GF made me toss them they were that bad.

NW sizing is different to most, about 1 full size down if looking at Eu sizes

SO I bought some Mavic Ksrium thermo pro goretex, which are really good, feel a bit smaller than the NW's . But warm and cosy and so far don't stink.
To go with that I bought some Sidi Frost Goretex for mtbing, didn't like these so much and even though they are the same size as my other Sidi, they are a bit big and I coudl never get to fit right. (size 45 if anyone want to buy them)
So then I bought some Mavic Crossmax thermo Pro goretex, cause well I like the ksriums, and these are also really good. (If i do them up wrong, a bit of the tounge digs in, but otherwise they are perfect, road them on an over 2 hour wet ride the other day, warm and dry and comfortable. Also like the ksrium really easy to get in/out of.

So if anyone want some sidi frost (45) going cheap, hit me up. (or go find some NW (44) at the launny alndfill)

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i have a pair of the nw goretex boots, bought from probikekit , called the arctic raptor, pretty happy with mine except a tiny bit of webbing came loose at the top of the boot, have been warm, not too heavy & kept feet dry till it runs down your leg, and sock fills

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh yeah,
the NW's I got from bobshop and thye mavic ksyrium
the sidi's from bike 24
the mavic crossmax i got from bikeinn

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Oh yes they stink after a few years like cats piss just spray with deodorizer to cover it up and dont leave airing in public.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a pair of the nw goretex boots, bought from probikekit , called the arctic raptor, pretty happy with mine except a tiny bit of webbing came loose at the top of the boot, have been warm, not too heavy & kept feet dry till it runs down your leg, and sock fills
What’s the siding like? I run a 46 in wet and dry shitmano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
What’s the siding like? I run a 46 in wet and dry shitmano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same sizing as shimano i’ve found, i’m a 45 in both, people told me to size up 1 size with the winter boots, i decided not to & made the right choice for me, don’t have a wide foot though, the winter boots are a bit more hugging than a normal shoe

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
same sizing as shimano i’ve found, i’m a 45 in both, people told me to size up 1 size with the winter boots, i decided not to & made the right choice for me, don’t have a wide foot though, the winter boots are a bit more hugging than a normal shoe
cheers