Nose case to careflight 1 (alot of pics)

brad of sydney

Likes Dirt
down ay my local DJs today my mate martin (ss-stp1"06 on farkin) nose cased one of the gaps pretty hecticly. landed on his head and couldnt breath properly and couldnt untense any musceles.
so i called the ambulance. they got there 10 minutes later. trekked up tha bush path and into the jumps. looked at him and called a Careflight helicopter to fly him out becasue he could have broken his neck.
10 mins later 10 policemen walk in and anothe 5 paramedics.
then we heard the helichopeter coming in, landed at the local school oval. it took them about half an hour to get him down the 15m bush track into an ambulance, then a 10 sec ambualnce ride to the school where he was put into Careflight 1, straight to north shore hospital.
it was on the news saying he has broken his neck, but we are pretty sure he hasnt. but he did definately brake his collar bone, and did do something pretty bad to his back/neck.
sorry for any spelling errrors but i aint in the mood for perfection.
ps for those curious, it was at the grove.
but fark martin, get well soon mate. you made a bit of a kefuffle.
and were all worried about ya mate.

he was just another rider doing what he loves, goes to show how careful you have to be, because the consequenses suck.

if u look at the left side of the pic, u can see me ( in black) and povi (in red) leaning against the fence. booyaaa.
this is him: http://forums.farkin.net/member.php?u=15508

UPDATE #1: getting a CAT-scan...... the docs say hes alright definite broken collarbone

UPDATE #2: just been xrayed...... bruised lung and a 'squashed' spine.

UPDATE #3: just got off the phone to his mum, he has broken his back, but not his spinal chord so he is not paralised, but will be in hospital for atleast a week. hopefully he will be able to go home for christmas.

PSS: for those with myspace, there is a video on his profile
( http://www.myspace.com/mf1270 ) its the second one down. he is on a white bike, and its half way through the vid, but it shows the jump he staked on(its the 3 rd of the set)

Last edited:

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
holy mother trucking shit
way to put everyone off jumping for the rest of their lives

.:Easily:.

Likes Dirt
i hope your friend gets well soon

thats a great story and shows how far people are willing to go to help someone ay

Suprez

Likes Dirt
Ouch, sounds like a pretty nasty accident. Hope he gets well soon and hopefully its not as bad as suspected.

All the best.

huw

Likes Bikes
holy crap! do you know what injuries he definately has?
that sucks aye.
get well soon marty.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Another successful rescue Careflight...i hope that your mate gets better...i also hope Careflight remains in Australian hands so they can continue rescuing us in times like this.

Povi

Likes Dirt
me n brad were there the whole time...
i can tell you it is not the best thing to see your friend getting airlifted to hospital. His mum was there. His dad was there. i have just had to tell his gf, who has had a lot of shit happen to her in the past 2 days.

so many thankyous to the careflight, the ambos and the cops. without them around who knows what could have happened. although im underage, id love to buy those guys a beer next time i see them :D

the most air marty has ever got and ever will get

get better soon mate

UPDATE #1: getting a CAT-scan...... the docs say hes alright definite broken collarbone

UPDATE #2: just been xrayed...... bruised lung and a 'squashed' spine.... those are the technical terms

Last edited:

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
This is why careflight NEED's to remain in aussie hand's. Responce times with no problem's. These guy's work there ass's off to save live's just so some canadian company can come and be paid 10 more than them. Fuck that.

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
Man that must suck. What do you think is going to happen to those jumps now after all of the attention they have had??? (if they are illegal)

Hope you have a speedy recovery and are jumping asap.

brad of sydney

Likes Dirt
Man that must suck. What do you think is going to happen to those jumps now after all of the attention they have had??? (if they are illegal)

Hope you have a speedy recovery and are jumping asap.
well, me and the original builder where talking about that when the heli left and we are bothe prepared to chain ourselves to them, but we made sure the news crew didnt go up there and take photos.
but hopefully they will forget about them.

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
holy crap, it just goes to show how lucky and unlucky a guy can be, i am complaining about having just a fractured wrist from a nose case while clipped in yet the same thing happened to your friend and look where he ended up, wish him well for me buddy and i hope he has a speedy recovery.

I imagine it was fairly frightening for you brad?

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
i can tell you it is not the best thing to see your friend getting airlifted to hospital
I can realted to that...on a ski trip a few years ago at Baw Baw, one mate (mature aged) took off a fair bit of his face when he face planted in ice...another had a serious accident and had to be airlifted out.

Povi

Likes Dirt
no
hes not paralysed whatsoever which is so farkin lucky
it wasnt a crazy compression, it happened because he like 'folded in on himself' when he hit the ground, like bending over and kept going

mmm he's probably out for the holidays

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
well, me and the original builder where talking about that when the heli left and we are bothe prepared to chain ourselves to them, but we made sure the news crew didnt go up there and take photos.
but hopefully they will forget about them.
Ill keep my fingers crossed for your jumps and martin.

If it is worst case scenario with the jumps, pm me if you need another body. Ill also sign a pettition:) .

EDIT: well thats good news that he aint paralysed