Not an ebike

Scotty675

Cable thief
Looks so good in black. I wasn’t sure but that photo has sold it. I can spot a few subtle changes but they definitely share the same DNA to the jibb. Can’t wait to see this built up.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nice. How does the cable routing work with the swingarm?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Nice. How does the cable routing work with the swingarm?

I haven’t decided on using RAAW’s method or the Goobags 3D printed grommets. I’m leaning towards the RAAW method because it keeps the line longer and I’m sick buying new brake lines but I’ll decide when the line gets here.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It works really well. Those cranks will have to go though. Just leave them on the nature strip and one of us will come and collect. ;)

There's some fine aluminium goodness being built here.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
It works really well. Those cranks will have to go though. Just leave them on the nature strip and one of us will come and collect. ;)

There's some fine aluminium goodness being built here.
Funny you mention that as they are getting replaced. Not from choice, the clear coat has failed and they look very average up close. The new versions are clear anodised but they haven't had stock for a while.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Funny you mention that as they are getting replaced. Not from choice, the clear coat has failed and they look very average up close. The new versions are clear anodised but they haven't had stock for a while.
You could do some rad pearlescent powder coat?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
First ride done. Initial impressions are very positive.

Pedals like a bike without a motor so no gold on Strava going up but it goes as fast up with zero bobbing whilst sitting as I want or need.

Downhill it feels like a Banshee on steroids. Very stout back end and balanced overall. The geo numbers are purposely quite close to the Kenevo as I love how that feels and wanted a common feel between the two bikes.

First trail to get an idea of set up...top section is steep, rutted, has lovely catch berms and was quite loose today. Further down the trail there is a drop off into another drop that if you get right puts you down a lander, accelerating and launching you uber smoothly 6m in the air down the trail. My Kenevo generally bottoms the rear on the first drop (hard enough that I can feel it easily even with HBO on the coil). Then its into super cross style whoops that take a large amount of body English to get thru quickly (I’m not a big jumper so lots of fore aft thrusting to maintain as much contact with the earth as possible as it's getting fast and loose here).

Dropping in I noticed the bars are a little high but no time to think as it's into rutted, tight, downhill turns one after another. Steering felt familiar so didn't need to caress the brakes just yet and just started leaning into it. Things started happening way faster than anticipated but the bike felt calm so carry on regardless. Off the drop and it didn't bottom! Hit the lander and did a decent jump (for me), with a little sideways action for the two blokes standing beside their bikes looking at the drop (probably laughing at my 1 degree whip lol). I noticed it was lighter than the Kenevo on this jump as it was a lot easier to move around. Into the whoops and I was carrying decent speed off that last jump so the whoops became managed rather than well ridden but the bike tracked dead straight and didn't give much cause for alarm being in that oh shit zone. Bike carries speed very well.

Next trail is longer and is a decent test of everything. I haven't been able to beat my PB on this for nearly a year (it was on the Kenevo). High speed rock gardens, you know the ones that when you have your suspension dialed the bike seems to flutter over them, this trail has several of them. Jumps that can't be over or under jumped because it ruins the speed into the next section, drops, chatter, roots, hard braking over rocks, fast change of direction with some needing precise line choice to maintain speed. Boom. Beat my PB! By 3 secs. Maybe the strava gods were feeling kind today but I'll take it!

The rear end feels as good as I had hoped it would. I thought that it wasn't quite progressive enough looking at the kinematics but from today's ride it felt more supportive than the Kenevo and its curve is plenty progressive and it has 10mm more travel. I got that fluttering feeling as the bike went over rock gardens and I didn't get any sensation anywhere of the bike hanging up. This is rare for me as I seem to be super sensitive to it and a trait that I've spent a lot of time trying to remove from the Kenevo on these same trails.

Overall stoked so far. I need to play with the IRT pressure in the Mezzer as it was holding up high and I didn't get near full stroke (running 180mm travel and I had nearly 30mm unused). Maybe a 5mm spacer drop from under the stem if the lower pressure doesn't work. The TTX shock just works and works well in this rear end.

Fox dropper @200mm is a nice thing with a Wolftooth LA lever. Satisfying thunk at the top of its travel and it is very smooth when it moves. Code RSC brakes just work. Brand X carbon bar (same as V1 Nukeproof bars) kept my face off the stem. Pro-grip push on grips provide just enough damping. Specialized tyres grip very well. Running cushcore in the rear as it's the trail casing. OneUp chain guide and bash guard to go on (I just forgot about it). External cable routing is fantastic. Should be more of it.

Right now the only thing to make it better would be a small motor :p
View attachment 390433
And it looks hot AF too.