NPWS meeting on Wednesday (13/10/10) 6PM at Sutherland United Services Club

Slowman

Likes Dirt
I received this email today...
This Wednesday night is the National Parks and Wildlife Service meeting to discuss mountain biking in NSW National Parks. The meeting is to be held at the Sutherland United Services Club between 6 and 8pm. At the other meetings held by the NPWS around the state to discuss the topic in recent weeks, mountain bikers have come out in great numbers to support the sport and to participate in the meeting, voicing their opinions, concerns and making positive suggestions about creating more legal single track in National Parks. This Wednesday night’s meeting is to be particularly aimed at The Royal National Park, Heathcote National Park as well as the Menai area.

I think it would be great if all those riders who can make the meeting, do make the effort and head down to the SUS Club and become involved – strength in numbers!

https://mountainbiking.discussions.nsw.gov.au/
I have a work function on but anyone living not too far from the area, especially if you ride Menai, Loftus, Heathcote, Engadine, or Grays Point, please show up, big numbers will help show NPWS that there are a lot of riders who are park users, rather than just bush walkers and bird watchers, who all need to be catered for.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I would hope a lot of people turn up, not just from the Shire, but throughout Sydney that didn't go to the Northern beaches session ... especially those people from the gong who are not having a workshop, but are facing pressure on their local trails by NPWS

I'll be there and I'll be advocating for Sustainable DH trails, volunteer labour, and highlighting that as a DH'er they have me wrong and I appreciate the natural environments as much if not more then many other park users. And better I want to put back into the trails I ride ... so that my kids and future generations can enjoy access to iconic trails that I helped build and maintain.

I'll also be advocating that the policy shouldn't be limited to National Parks, but all lands under NPWS management, such as regional and conservation parks and reserves.

Wollongong people this impacts you as the lands you ride on are not currently National parks, which is why you don't have an assigned workshop. Don't let the opportunity pass you by.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Yes NerfHerder is right, the chances are more land will be handed over to NPWS to manage in the future and helping make sure they have the right policy in place will avoid transference of lands to NPWS automatically meaning lockouts.