NS Liar Frame brake tab faulty, WTF!!

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
I just bought 2017 NS Liar frame from CRC to build my speed machine for BMX track and 4X.
I finished installed everyhting, leaving brakes last. And the brake tab appeared faulty, not aligned with any IS adapter. I tried Shimano, Sram and Clark in 160mm and 180mm versions. I went to ForTheRiders local shop in Brisbane and they confirmed the frame is off.

But seriously, how, how is this even possible??!! The brake tab is one piece, not individually welded 2 parts. It must be made in a tooling. HOW could NS get this wrong??? This Liar frame has been same since years ago. I am just now banging my head onto the wall.

Can this be fixed and any options? Last photo is what I found online, same frame. They must had luck with correct brake tab.

IMG_5508-Optimized.JPG
IMG_5509-Optimized.JPG
IMG_7266.jpg

stirk

Burner
Thats a bit out! Should be 51mm centre to centre, measure it and send a wtf email.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Wow, I've never seen that much of a stuff, such a shame for you! That's a nice frame!
The quickest way around it would be to have a custom mount made that will line up with your frame holes. Do the science though, if the mounting holes are different by that amount then you may need to have the custom adapter a little lower on one end so the brake pads are running on the middle of the rotor and not off center.
That would surely warrant a new frame though, thats a massive fuck up.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I've not seen anything like that since building my mates alibaba frame!

The worst part of this is that you have to strip everything though.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
NS has a bad reputation for customer service.
I've emailed them about a couple things in the past, haven't heard back yet....i think 2 years is plenty of time to wait for a reply...

Jpez

Down on the left!
NS has a bad reputation for customer service.
I've emailed them about a couple things in the past, haven't heard back yet....i think 2 years is plenty of time to wait for a reply...
Yep same. I bought a frame, came with minor damage. They just ignored me. Absolutely the worst CS. just check out their FB page reviews.

Hope you get it sorted OP.

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
Thank you for all the replies.
A week passed, no replies from CRC or NS for warranty or replacement. I am giving up on them.

Here is a shot with the bolt on the other hole. The bike almost finished when this issue came up. That is why it is really pissing me off. If can not the fix the frame, the 26" forks, wheels are really no use to me, as 26" frame is now rare and old. I have been buying them over the time for this frame.

View attachment 337991View attachment 337992View attachment 337993View attachment 337994

Last edited: