NS Liar Frame brake tab faulty, WTF!!

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
Woops, forgot the photos of the updated brake tab photo when fixing the other hole and the build finished so far. So pissing me off when the build has got to this stage. All the parts invested so far for a supposedly high end bike.
IMG_5654-Optimized.JPGIMG_5655-Optimized.JPGIMG_5653-Optimized.JPGIMG_5658-Optimized.JPG

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Both holes seem to be drilled in the centre which is what I wanted to see. If you bolt the caliper on does it fit ok with either front or rear bolt done up? If you are likely to have trouble getting a warranty fix this is easy enough to repair. You should not have to but it looks straight forward.

Have you received any feedback from the supplier.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Easy fix...make a stencil from the adapter, mark the bolt holes, pay for machined and threaded part, cry a little as it shouldn't be needed but you really want to use the frame...

CRC usually take a week or so to reply to emails, so don't be disheartened. Being a kind of big shop I suspect their email repossessed team get a lot of emails to respond to. However!!! Don't expect their response to be much more than refund and reply paid post. They won't give a fuck about all the other expense you have incurred in this fiasco. They also probably won't cash you up or ship a replacement until they have this one back in their hands.

I have had to return a frame before as it arrived with a huge ding. I was real sad.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It makes you wonder how well the rest of the frame has been built when you see a simple mistake like that. Not the best quality control for a dirtjumper considering you place a lot of trust on the frames strength.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Here is a shot with the bolt on the other hole. The bike almost finished when this issue came up. That is why it is really pissing me off. If can not the fix the frame, the 26" forks, wheels are really no use to me, as 26" frame is now rare and old. I have been buying them over the time for this frame.

View attachment 337991View attachment 337992View attachment 337993View attachment 337994
I wouldn't say that. All decent DJ/Slope bikes are still 26". There are heaps of other good 26" options if you can't get a custom mount made up. Even if you bought another frame without a hanger, there are plenty of options to run a hanger adapter with horizontal dropouts if you're set on running a derailleur.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah easy repair if you wanted to. It's prob my OCD but I'd return it. I fear that every time I saw the bike it would anger me a little even if it wasn't visible, I'd know.

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
CRC is very fast for replies about shipping, sales. but warranty reply seems never.
NS is hopeless.

Thanks for all the replies.
I have decided to modify the frame this afternoon.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
CRC is very fast for replies about shipping, sales. but warranty reply seems never.
NS is hopeless.

modify the adapter, not the frame. there is not enough meat on the tabs to go rooting around with them. plus what if in three weeks time CRC/NS get their shit together?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Thank you for all the replies.
A week passed, no replies from CRC or NS for warranty or replacement. I am giving up on them.
Can you post this issue with pics on their facebook pages, highlighting the lack of response on their behalf's?

Nothing like a little negative social media attention to get the ball rolling.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
NS is hopeless.

modify the adapter, not the frame. there is not enough meat on the tabs to go rooting around with them. plus what if in three weeks time CRC/NS get their shit together?
What link said!!! Don't be crazy mofo! Get an adapter made.