STOLEN NSW - 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon MTB

legal_eagle

Cannon Fodder
STOLEN VIA AN ELABORATE SCAM.

2009 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon Mountain Bike

This is a brand new bike and was stolen between April/May 2009. The person responsible competes in cross-country & we know the bike was used in one or two events at the end of May. These are facts supplied to the freight company by the person involved. This is not assumption on my part. The bike was last seen on the 19th May by the freight company when left at a block of flats in Mosman NSW.

The person responsible has also scammed another mountain bike together with other MTB accessories. It is believed the person has also imported tyres from the USA to use on my bike. We know these people have also scammed other items not related to MTB.

I am offering a reward for the return of my bike and an additional reward if these people are brought before the courts.

There is also Police investigation in regards to this theft together with private investigators employed to work on the case. Please PM any information. All information provided will remain confidential as to its source.

Due to legal reasons and the privacy act I cannot devulge the names these people operate under nor the method of their scam.

Last edited:

cobba

Likes Dirt
The bike was last seen on the 19th May by the freight company when left at a block of flats in Mosman NSW.
Did you buy this bike off someone and have it delivered to where you live when nobody was home?

Due to legal reasons and the privacy act I cannot devulge the names these people operate under nor the method of their scam.
Fair enough in not naming names but I think you should at least reveal some info on this scam.
Informing people on how you got scammed will let them know what to watch out for so they don't end up in the same boat as you.

WildWassa

Banned
I googled the bike to see what it looked like and a result gave me 'sellyourbike' which had the same model listed on the 23rd April.

Maybe gets the cops to contact the site's Admin. No harm in trying.

Rotorburn will not allow me to post the 'sellyourbike' link as a spam blocker, because I'm new on the forum.

Warren.

Last edited:

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
STOLEN VIA AN ELABORATE SCAM.

2009 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon Mountain Bike

Serial number is on record but will not be divulged here.

This is a brand new bike and was stolen between April/May 2009. The person responsible competes in cross-country & we know the bike was used in one or two events at the end of May. These are facts supplied to the freight company by the person involved. This is not assumption on my part. The bike was last seen on the 19th May by the freight company when left at a block of flats in Mosman NSW.

The person responsible has also scammed another mountain bike together with other MTB accessories. It is believed the person has also imported tyres from the USA to use on my bike. We know these people have also scammed other items not related to MTB.

I am offering a reward for the return of my bike and an additional reward if these people are brought before the courts.

Here are the details of my bike however there is no guarantee that the parts may have been used on another frame by now.

There is also Police investigation in regards to this theft together with private investigators employed to work on the case. Please PM any information. All information provided will remain confidential as to its source.

SPECIFICATIONS:

FRAME: SJ HT FACT 9M carbon, forged dropouts w/ disc mount and replaceable derailleur hanger. Frame Size 17
FORK: Rock Shox SID Race for SBC, 90mm travel, air spring, motion control damper, external rebound and floodgate compression adjj. w/ LO, alloy steerer
HEADSET: 1-1/8" to 1.5" Threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearing
STEM: Specialized adjustable rise, 31.8mm clamp, 3D forged w/ CNC finish
HANDLE BARS: Specialized XC flat 31.8mm, 2014 butted alloy, 6 degree back sweep, 600mm wide
GRIPS: Specialized thin lock on grip (15.5/17") Specialized Thick lock on grip: COLOR White
FRONT BRAKE: Custom Avid Elixir R Carbon SL, Carbon lever, SS hardware, alloy backed organic pads, 160mm rotor
REAR BRAKE: Custom Avid Elixir R Carbon SL, alloy backed organic pads, carbon lever, 140mm rotor
BRAKE LEVERS: Custom Avid Elixir R Carbon SL Hydraulic, tool-less adj. reach
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano M660 SLX, 34.9mm, clamp bottom swing, dual pull
REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X-0, 9-speed, mid cage
SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X-9, aluminum 9-speed trigger
CASSETTE: Shimano HG61, 9-speed, 11-34t
CHAIN: SRAM PC-971, 9-speed w/Power Link
CRANKSET: Custom Shimano FC-M762 XT, 2pc., S: 170mm, others: 175mm
CHAINRINGS: 22S x 32A x 44A, 4-bolt, 104/64mm
BOTTOM BRACKET: Custom Shimano M762 XT
PEDALS: Shimano M520, clipless
RIMS: Custom DT Swiss X420SL, 24mm w/ eyelets, 28/32h
FRONT HUB: Specialized Hi Lo disc, CNC flange, sealed cartridge bearing, Oversized end caps, 9mm DT RWS, alloy QR, 28h
REAR HUB: Custom DT Swiss 370 w/ DT RWS QR, 32h
SPOKES: DT Swiss Competition 1.8/1.6mm stainless, black, alloy nipples
FRONT TIRE: S-Works Fast Trak LK, 26x2.0", 120 TPI, tubeless ready aramid bead, dual compound
REAR TIRE: S-Works Fast Trak LK, 26x2.0", 120 TPI, tubeless ready aramid bead, dual compound
INNER TUBES: Specialized Ultralight 26x2.0", presta
SADDLE: Specialized Format, hollow Cr-Mo rails, SL foam, 130mm (15.5/17") 143mm:COLOR White.
SEATPOST: 2014 butted alloy, single-bolt setback, 30.9x350/400mm
SEAT BINDER: 36.9mm clamp, one bolt for carbon frame/post
So, you are hinting these people or person operates under an Alias? As to the privacy act, anything found in public domain (business names included) are not protected.
So whats the issue to mention their name? Or the type of scam, if not divulging the exact details?

Your cry for help doesnt give much detail to go by. Good luck.

Last edited:

legal_eagle

Cannon Fodder
I googled the bike to see what it looked like and a result gave me 'sellyourbike' which had the same model listed on the 23rd April.

Maybe gets the cops to contact the site's Admin. No harm in trying.

Rotorburn will not allow me to post the 'sellyourbike' link as a spam blocker, because I'm new on the forum.

Warren.
Thanks but we know all about that one.
How do I post a photo of the bike?

Last edited:

cobba

Likes Dirt
The bike was last seen on the 19th May by the freight company when left at a block of flats in Mosman NSW.
Who's block of flats was it left at and why was someone from the freight company the last person to see it?

What's this so called legal reason that you can't inform us on how you were scammed?

The best way not to get scammed is to know how these scams work, would you like someone else to get scammed like you have?

t-behrendt

Likes Bikes
I saw someone riding a bike very similar to that one at Lysterfield about 3 weeks ago. The guy looked like he knew what he was doing though. Very etchy details but just thought I would point it out because you dont see those bikes very often.