NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

dinosaur_mtb

Likes Dirt
wsmtb are about to lodge a proposal with npws with some sustainable solutions to the areas that are being affected by erosion and track widening.. until then can riders please not ride yellomundee whilst its wet or raining and please if you cant ride a section of trail, dont ride around it creating a ever widening trail..(walk)

scott wsmtb club president
Thanks Scott - as one involved in another club at committee level- we suffer the same issues.

You guys do a great service to MTBing in Oz - all the best and thanks too to Choc Foot for all they do to show case our sport to the land managers - this time NP. And NP - don;t judge the sport by the loop who brought 'that' dog...

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Pix & Vids!

Apologies for the delay in posting our vids and pix but a very dear Aunt of mine passed away last week.

Plenty of stuff to check out:

[video=youtube;CjKM52QHtJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjKM52QHtJ0[/video]

Plus more videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/SingletrackMindNSW

The legendary Dave Bateman was busy and hammered the shutter button all day, check out almost 400 images here

Round 4 is set to rock Stromlo Forest Park on August 29. It will be the last enduro hit-out there before the Solo Worlds, we reckon it's gonna be massive fun!

Bermshot

Banned
That little bastard switchback over the bridge got me in the 4hr last yr, (I wasn't the only one) except my bike landed in the gutter and I planted my feet on the bridge, hahaha, it was a classic let go! The bike got scuffed up. If I'd stayed on though there was no way I was gonna make it. Great fun!!!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
So the next round is the cyclocross special round, anyone going to 'cross it up? Wouldn't have been my choice for a CX round, whilst fairly smooth Stromlo is hard on tyres.

Entries here

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
The latest edition of 'Footprint' newsletter can be found here

Also

[video=youtube;N4zD68hbMxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4zD68hbMxg[/video]

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Series jersey now available!

People have been asking us for a while when we'll have a series jersey available. We're proud to announce the unveiling of the official Singletrack Mind Series jersey designed by the stylemasters at Nzo! If you're keen to have this stylish piece of kit to wear at Round 5 you'll need to get in quick ... orders close 31 August! Sizing info & order details on the website.

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
hey fi

when do entries stay open to??? thursday plz, once pay day arrives i can enter :)

chops :)
Save your money Chops, it's going to be -1 C on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
I don't think there'll be a Big Bonfire to warm you up inbetween laps ;)
How many warm clothes do you own and how many can you wear at once?

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
Hmmm Stromlo..

Save your money Chops, it's going to be -1 C on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
I don't think there'll be a Big Bonfire to warm you up inbetween laps ;)
How many warm clothes do you own and how many can you wear at once?
The temp might be -1 - but according to me, Stromlo is always a perfect day out.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey All,

Making my debut at the Singletrack Mind series this Sunday, anything special/ different to other races/series I should about?

Cheers,

Andrew

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
Hey All,

Making my debut at the Singletrack Mind series this Sunday, anything special/ different to other races/series I should about?

Cheers,

Andrew
The "no dickheads" rule. Yes, literally. People are encouraged to have fun, and be polite on the track. Makes for a great atmosphere.
And as for the quality of race put on, up there with any you would have ever been too!!

Larabeemax

Likes Bikes
Tyre Choice for Sunday

First time at Stromlo -

Partly a question for this Sunday, but also for Worlds, but are there strong objections to using either CrossMarks or Nobby Nics for this Sunday's race? Advice appreciated.

Handekk

Likes Dirt
I was at Stromlo a couple of days ago and I used crossmarks which seemed to handle the course quite nicely. In the muddy sections they were ok, nothing great but everywhere else I would say that they were pretty good.:)

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Ditto to that. If you're happy with those tyres elsewhere you will be quite happy with them here.
The exceptions will be the muddy bits which there will still be some of come Sunday. Even if we get no more rain, boggy bits will probably be unavoidable. Still, beats a dustbowl! :)

The "no dickheads" rule. Yes, literally. People are encouraged to have fun, and be polite on the track. Makes for a great atmosphere.
And as for the quality of race put on, up there with any you would have ever been too!!
careful Jeff, it is canberra after all. while the intent is for all riders to be polite and enjoy themselves (and let others do likewise) there will be plenty of dickhead moments going up the old nationals climb and down the berm track..............guaranteed!!

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Just in case you need any coercion to stay for the race presentation maybe one of these will change your mind - see pic!

We'll be giving away this fantastic RockShox SID Team fork with PushLok as well as a $1500 voucher to spend on the Cannondale bike of your choice!

Don't forget entries close Wednesday night at midnight!!

Attachments